• 2 Post By Cod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-31-2017, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod
John @ Overland Performance

Just a thumbs up to John at Overland Performance. He's my go to guy for MoTech parts, pieces, info, and of course tunes!

He sent me an email a couple of weeks ago with a new tune for my LS JK, I wasn't expecting a new tune nor had I asked for one and I didn't have any issues or anything that I really "noticed". I downloaded the links and then called John who walked me through every step of updating the EFILive Autocal, probably spent at least an hour or more on the phone with me.

His last words on the phone was "you'll have a seat of the pants feeling, nothing too much but just feeeeeeeel it"

When I finally got around to driving the jeep I could definitely tell a seat of the pants difference. I live around 1500ft and often drive into 3500ft mtns, small country backroads, horseshoe curves etc., typical Appalachian mountain roads. I don't know what he did as I didn't ask and he probably wouldn't tell anyways but the tune is perfect for my typical everyday / weekend driving style. The Jeep use to feel a little "sluggish" (not sure if that's even the right word) at times as a big fat-ass should in the mountains but that's completely gone it purrs through and out of the corners and up and over the mountains. I had been debating when I move to 60's which gear ratio I will go with.......that's not one of those nagging concerns in the back of my head anymore since this tune.

So with that said Thanks John!!!

If you live in or around 1200 to 3500ft in elevation and looking for a tuner......call John @ Overland Performance!!

And no I typically don't do these vendor kiss up threads but John is a different breed of vendor he goes above and beyond and is worthy of a shout out!
coilrod and Rubi-8 like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-31-2017, 01:36 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
Just a thumbs up to John at Overland Performance. He's my go to guy for MoTech parts, pieces, info, and of course tunes!

He sent me an email a couple of weeks ago with a new tune for my LS JK, I wasn't expecting a new tune nor had I asked for one and I didn't have any issues or anything that I really "noticed". I downloaded the links and then called John who walked me through every step of updating the EFILive Autocal, probably spent at least an hour or more on the phone with me.

His last words on the phone was "you'll have a seat of the pants feeling, nothing too much but just feeeeeeeel it"

When I finally got around to driving the jeep I could definitely tell a seat of the pants difference. I live around 1500ft and often drive into 3500ft mtns, small country backroads, horseshoe curves etc., typical Appalachian mountain roads. I don't know what he did as I didn't ask and he probably wouldn't tell anyways but the tune is perfect for my typical everyday / weekend driving style. The Jeep use to feel a little "sluggish" (not sure if that's even the right word) at times as a big fat-ass should in the mountains but that's completely gone it purrs through and out of the corners and up and over the mountains. I had been debating when I move to 60's which gear ratio I will go with.......that's not one of those nagging concerns in the back of my head anymore since this tune.

If you live in or around 1200 to 3500ft in elevation and looking for a tuner......call John @ Overland Performance!!

And no I typically don't do these vendor kiss up threads but John is a different breed of vendor he goes above and beyond and is worthy of a shout out!
John is a great guy, a friend and one of our first customers from way back when. John installed one of our early Gen I kits many years ago on his personal JK and still drives it to this day.

MoTech
725-502-8507

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-01-2017, 09:41 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post

Thank you for your kind words Danny! I'm glad you are enjoying it. All I can say in response is......FREE BEER FOR YOU!!

OVERLAND PERFORMANCE
MOTECH GEN IV LS Conversion Kit Manufacturing and Sales

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode