Does anyone have this tool? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-28-2017, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Does anyone have this tool?

I am assembling some push-loc fittings and hose and while it sounds easy to push some hose onto a barbed fitting.... its not. If anyone has this tool I would really like to borrow it as I dont want to purchase a $250 tool to use just a few times.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-29-2017, 07:12 AM
JKowners Vendor

Put the fitting in a ice and lube the barb...push-twist the hose on its not that hard.

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-29-2017, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc View Post
Put the fitting in a ice and lube the barb...push-twist the hose on its not that hard.
I dunno if it's the brand hose I got but I tried to heat the hose and while it got super hot it didn't help much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-29-2017, 08:34 AM
Wheeler

Garage

So, just right off the cuff.
The fitting, hose and tool in the pic you posted is High pressure Hydraulic. Not only do you need the tool in the pic, you will need the Hydraulic Crimping tool to smash the cuff of the fitting down onto the hose properly. Kind of like PEX connections but for REAL pressure.
Hopefully you have completely different fitting and hose?

DemocRATs aren't wrong.... Their just in the wrong country.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
U.S. Constitution: Article 4 Section IV
post #5 of 9 Old 05-29-2017, 08:44 AM
Wheeler

Garage
Thumbs up

Or you are building this?

JEGS AN Push-Loc Hose End Fittings | JEGS

Good luck!

DemocRATs aren't wrong.... Their just in the wrong country.
U.S. Constitution: Article 4 Section IV
post #6 of 9 Old 05-29-2017, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirjeepalot View Post
So, just right off the cuff.
The fitting, hose and tool in the pic you posted is High pressure Hydraulic. Not only do you need the tool in the pic, you will need the Hydraulic Crimping tool to smash the cuff of the fitting down onto the hose properly. Kind of like PEX connections but for REAL pressure.
Hopefully you have completely different fitting and hose?
I have no clue exactly why they chose to use that style of hose and fitting to represent the product but in everything else I have seen it uses the standard push loc style of hose and fittings. I found a $50 off of $250 summit racing coupon in my desk that was still valid so I ordered it this morning. If it does not work as advertised I will return it. Otherwise you can never have too many tools I suppose. I believe I will find myself using this style of fitting and hose a bit more often now that I will own a tool that makes putting them together easy.

Believe me I didn't want to buy this tool but after putting on just 2 hose ends with another 6 to go my hands were like, nope.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-30-2017, 07:22 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

is that for hydro assist? If so go find a company that can make you some high quality hoses. Mine costs me 100 bucks and now I use the ones I made when I installed the hydro as trail spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-30-2017, 10:19 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
is that for hydro assist? If so go find a company that can make you some high quality hoses. Mine costs me 100 bucks and now I use the ones I made when I installed the hydro as trail spares.
We agree with this. Almost every failure we have seen related to Hydro was due to poor quality hose and push lock fittings. Push lock are good to keep in the tool back in case of failure. Outside of that, head down to the local Parker store and get some real lines made. The burst strength is superior and we opt for an upgrade to a liner that is designed to take abuse and not rupture.

It is a little more work to get everything set since once they are crimped, they are done and you can't change orientation, but it is worth it. We've had a steering pump blow on the trail and I can tell you that once you lose the fluid, you're not turning the wheels.

post #9 of 9 Old 05-30-2017, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

This is for hydro assist but only on the low pressure return side. Howe said I had to use this style of hose on the return side because the hose and fitting ID for push loc hose is larger than high pressure hose of the same AN - size. He was super adamant about keeping the pump fed for my application. (LS engine swap with a funky accessory drive)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode