Questions for 1.5" lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-27-2017, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Questions for 1.5" lift

Good day all. Looking for some advise for the people who know. I have a 16 jku stock except for steel bumpers. I wan to add a 1.5" rk springs. I also got some teraflex quick disconnects for the 0-3" lift. Eventually want 285/75-17 wheels. What else do i need to do this right? Also how do you measure the top of the ball joint with the wheel on? I want to take before and after measurements. It is mainly a dd but it does need to go 75 mph. Thank you in advance.

I am sure most would say i do not need to do anything else, but better safe than sorry, especially when there is so much great info here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Granite Guru

This is all a bit vague, but you are right, there is lots of good info and smart people here.

Couple thought to get you started.

. That tire is about 33" tall. Depending on the tire and your wheel offset, you may not even need bumpstops to keep the tire out of the fenders.
. From above, let us know your wheel plans. Stock, stock with spacers, or aftermarket.
. The front swaybars discos are fine.
. RK are good folks and make solid product. You will like those springs. Lift height will depend on your individual Jeep. Most manufacturers spec their coils out to raise the rear about an inch more than the front to level things out.
. As for what else you need. That is for you to decide based on what you want to do. The setup you describe, properly driven, will roll the vast majority of the name brand trails in America.

< '81 CJ7, Chev power. Leaf springs baby!

2016 JKU Sport
The good guys: Synergy, Artec, MetalCloak, MCE
- 2.5" MC coils, Synergy arms and drag link flip.
- 37" BFG MTs on 17x8.5 -6

2013 GC... 5.7(MILF command centre)
post #3 of 4 Old 05-28-2017, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thank you. I already have some mt classic. 17x9 with 4.5 bs. Way down the road i will put mc arms on. But for the time being do i need a new track bar up front? Bumpstops i think i understand, will address that when the new wheels go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-28-2017, 09:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Drive it and see how you like it with the small coils on it. If you only get 1.6" of actual lift out of it your axles will only be offset a small amount and many people will be fine without getting new track bars. If you are going off road you might want to get some 2" longer sway bar links to keep from flipping the sway bar forward.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode