Metalcloak long arm - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 Old 05-24-2017, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Metalcloak long arm

See this ..

Combo front LA with Lock & load front. Rear drop bracket and standard arms.
https://www.facebook.com/metalcloak/...5358497779712/

Interesting, curious on peoples opinions ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 05-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Wheeler

Metalcloak long arm

Finally it is happening. I can wait to see it in person. Definitely going on my list for a lift....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pthorpe84; 05-24-2017 at 03:43 PM.
post #3 of 39 Old 05-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Rock God

Garage

It is happening. They are being released Friday according the the Facebook live video that was released by Matson.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 Old 05-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Wheeler

I did find it interesting there is no rear long arms, but it makes sense the way Matson explains it. Honestly think this will be a home run.

post #5 of 39 Old 05-24-2017, 04:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hahahaha.....So now they suddenly think a long arm is needed!! After all that talk about not needing them....Kinda like WOL and axle trusses. Only 3 years late....I built my custom long arm with MetalCloak joints that long ago!! I'm not a fan of radius arms.... I'm thinking their just trying to stay ahead and make more money(what company wouldn't run that way) Great for them!! I'm set with my arms and Synergy brackets.

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 39 Old 05-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Granite Guru

Haha I've been debating putting those rear drop brackets on mine for awhile to help with anti squat but I'm hesitant on the loss of clearance.

What is the front supposed to help with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ē|||||||ē 2015 Unlimited Sport S Baja Yellow
Auto / 4.56 Gears / ARB Front, Auburn Ected Rear Locker & LSD / G2 Core 44 35 Spline Axles / Alpine 9-Speakers & Sub / MC 3.5" w 6pak shocks / 37" KM3s on Method 105 Beadlocks
post #7 of 39 Old 05-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGGSTATUS View Post
Hahahaha.....So now they suddenly think a long arm is needed!! After all that talk about not needing them....Kinda like WOL and axle trusses. Only 3 years late....I built my custom long arm with MetalCloak joints that long ago!! I'm not a fan of radius arms.... I'm thinking their just trying to stay ahead and make more money(what company wouldn't run that way) Great for them!! I'm set with my arms and Synergy brackets.

I'm pretty sure they said this was for the higher riding lifts such as the 4.5" and 5.5". Matson said it is not needed for the 3.5 and under and they will not sell them for this. And if you look...still got short arms in the rear.

post #8 of 39 Old 05-24-2017, 04:13 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown35 View Post

What is the front supposed to help with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This will help with the way the axle travels on the higher lifts.

post #9 of 39 Old 05-24-2017, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Yea MC is saying 4.5+, i dont see a reason why not 3.5 unless the rear drop brackets have something to do with it.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #10 of 39 Old 05-24-2017, 07:48 PM
Granite Guru

Its about time! Like others I got tired of waiting and put my on hybrid system together. Built some rear LA lowers with 2" DOM and MC ends. Used a RK upper for the 3 link system. For the front I also went with a LA radius arm, but its made by TNT and 4.5" MC coils... NO bending issues!

Doing a LA this way was cheaper for sure, since I was basically stepping up from a 3.5 MC short arm kit w/ RK 3 link rear. Scored 860 on their trailer before, haven't had it on the trailer since the changes.

It rode great before, it rides like a CADILLAC NOW on and off road!

Did MC not post a score of that new kit??? That has me thinking rather its actually that much of an improvement over their 3.5 gamechanger......
post #11 of 39 Old 05-25-2017, 09:24 AM
Rock God

I'm confused why they would have 12" travel rocksport shocks on. Why wouldn't they want to have their 15" travel 6 packs on since it's their first "release" video.... stupid.

post #12 of 39 Old 05-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Don't Tread on OHV

Ha! Thank you to the OP for the thread and for all the great comments.

Just a few things to note... the vid we did was rather spontaneous, we were checking the new prototype longer RockSports and seeing how much additional flex we got with that set-up.

Usually we don't do release videos like that, but I thought - lets have some fun. Love the response so far.

There have been many questions about Long Arm vs Mid Arm. And it comes down to what you want for your rig. Our Game-Changer 4.5" and 5.5" kits are still the best bang for the buck requiring the least amount of effort to install.

But, some customer have asked and asked and asked for a Long Arm, especially after we came out with the Lock-N-Load Radius Arm system for the TJ/LJ and put a prototype on Cloak3 a couple years ago to make room for the LS3.

We are launching the Bolt-On Radius Arm system tomorrow and, next week, we will be launching the Weld-On 4-Link version. Both use our Compound Systems that includes the DB3 Drop Bracket in the rear.

Just a couple more options for our customers.

Appreciate the continued feedback!
kjeeper10 likes this.

Its Your Jeep, Only Better. |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Matson Breakey, Co-Founder & VP Marketing & Sales, MetalCloak.com | For quotes or customer service, email
or call 916-631-8071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal52 View Post
You'll love it, its almost like your in a luxuary car at first, but with the ability to climb over shit
post #13 of 39 Old 05-25-2017, 12:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
See this ..

Combo front LA with Lock & load front. Rear drop bracket and standard arms.
https://www.facebook.com/metalcloak/...5358497779712/

Interesting, curious on peoples opinions ?

I thought their joints were not designed for a long arm set up?

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #14 of 39 Old 05-25-2017, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Did they say that ?

post #15 of 39 Old 05-25-2017, 12:33 PM
JKO Addict!

No, but you basically did in my end review thread.

Some build info here:

post #16 of 39 Old 05-25-2017, 12:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
Ha! Thank you to the OP for the thread and for all the great comments.

Just a few things to note... the vid we did was rather spontaneous, we were checking the new prototype longer RockSports and seeing how much additional flex we got with that set-up.

Usually we don't do release videos like that, but I thought - lets have some fun. Love the response so far.

There have been many questions about Long Arm vs Mid Arm. And it comes down to what you want for your rig. Our Game-Changer 4.5" and 5.5" kits are still the best bang for the buck requiring the least amount of effort to install.

But, some customer have asked and asked and asked for a Long Arm, especially after we came out with the Lock-N-Load Radius Arm system for the TJ/LJ and put a prototype on Cloak3 a couple years ago to make room for the LS3.

We are launching the Bolt-On Radius Arm system tomorrow and, next week, we will be launching the Weld-On 4-Link version. Both use our Compound Systems that includes the DB3 Drop Bracket in the rear.

Just a couple more options for our customers.

Appreciate the continued feedback!
What if I already have a full set of your arms and a set of shocks/springs that I am happy with. What is the upgrade path?
post #17 of 39 Old 05-25-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
No, but you basically did in my end review thread.

I forget honestly but thought it had to do with mixing joints not with a LA itself. Whatever i said came from MC.

post #18 of 39 Old 05-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13JKUR View Post
What if I already have a full set of your arms and a set of shocks/springs that I am happy with. What is the upgrade path?

If you're happy with what you have than what is an "upgrade path" needed for?

post #19 of 39 Old 05-25-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTheRipper View Post

Mad flex bro :rofl:

Pthorpe84 likes this.

post #20 of 39 Old 05-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Rock God

I don't really get why this is a thing... if you argue that a rear long arm is unnecessary, why is a front long arm radius arm necessary or at all a good solution? The front stock short arms are quite a bit longer than the rear, if anything the rear needs a long arm more than the front. If the rear is supposed to make sense, then why not just use drop brackets in the front too, and keep a 5-link? Radius arm is worse geometry plus lacks the redundancy of a stock 5-link.

Not saying this product is "bad", I just don't really understand the point... ?
post #21 of 39 Old 05-26-2017, 03:27 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by christensent View Post
I don't really get why this is a thing... if you argue that a rear long arm is unnecessary, why is a front long arm radius arm necessary or at all a good solution? The front stock short arms are quite a bit longer than the rear, if anything the rear needs a long arm more than the front. If the rear is supposed to make sense, then why not just use drop brackets in the front too, and keep a 5-link? Radius arm is worse geometry plus lacks the redundancy of a stock 5-link.

Not saying this product is "bad", I just don't really understand the point... ?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #22 of 39 Old 05-26-2017, 07:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Give the stupid customer what they want.

Some build info here:

post #23 of 39 Old 05-26-2017, 08:15 AM
Rock God

Seems hokey. But people will jump all over it. Meanwhile I'm over here still happy with my OME springs and slightly longer than stock arms.
post #24 of 39 Old 05-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Granite Guru

I like shlongs
post #25 of 39 Old 05-26-2017, 10:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTheRipper View Post
Yeah, it's working. The OME shocks and softer linear springs seem to flex well. I am asking more out of pure curiosity since I have their newer arms with the forged ends. No more budget for control arms. Next up for me is at least a front axle housing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode