Steering upgrade? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Uncle Sams Misguided Child

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-01-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Steering upgrade?

Ok so I have worn out my steering ends. Tie Rod ends and drag link ends have excessive play. The ball joints seem to be good still. But the TR and DL aren't bent. With 24,xxx miles and only 6k on lift and Iroks and the ends are worn out I'm looking to upgrade to something that will last longer. I know I could get Fusion 4x4 2.5 ton, but it's $1k and overkill. If I need that much beef then I will need one tons too. What do you have personal experience with that would fit my needs? Looking for something stronger with easily ordered replacement ended that aren't too expensive.

I was looking at synergy. Are there other options for my needs that I haven't seen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I running synergy with no problems at all

11 JKUR Auto, RIPP SC, Body Armor bumper, Warn XD9000I winch, Synthetic line,XRC Rear Bumper W/carrier, OBA W/1Gal Tank, 10lb CO2, Metalcloak 3.5 springs, Synergy track bar,drag link flip-Tie Rod, control arms and Ball Joints, C-gusset and sleeved, RuffStuff Diff. covers, FOX W\res shocks, Barricade Flat Fenders, 37 12.50\17 BFG KO2, 5.38 Motive gears, Uniden 520xl CB, Yaesu FT7900, Teraflex Big Rotors, Diablo Intune, Dynomax RC exhaust Redneck Ram. W3JEP San Diego Jeep Club-Gulf War Vet. USAF
post #3 of 6 Old 05-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

X2 for synergy been running it for years even with a ram and no issues. Plus the TRE's are here locally at Merles auto parts.
tapcola likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Rock God

Synergy for the winn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

SYNERGY, FOX,VKS,HUTCHINSON,
post #5 of 6 Old 05-01-2017, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

TREs are available locally, that's good... Rough Stuff TREs I heard don't hold up as well as GM TREs. So I skipped past their. Synergy looks good for my application but you don't know till you ask. I would like to eventually get hydro assist and true 37s so it's nice to hear they hold to that.

RK stuff is a little to much for me right. It seems every company now has a DL flip kit or forged Tie Rod these days. But if the TREs don't hold up then it's not helping me.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I'm running WTO hydro assist with synergy TR and low misalignment spacer\boots been working real well on the couple of trails I've been on since install.

11 JKUR Auto, RIPP SC, Body Armor bumper, Warn XD9000I winch, Synthetic line,XRC Rear Bumper W/carrier, OBA W/1Gal Tank, 10lb CO2, Metalcloak 3.5 springs, Synergy track bar,drag link flip-Tie Rod, control arms and Ball Joints, C-gusset and sleeved, RuffStuff Diff. covers, FOX W\res shocks, Barricade Flat Fenders, 37 12.50\17 BFG KO2, 5.38 Motive gears, Uniden 520xl CB, Yaesu FT7900, Teraflex Big Rotors, Diablo Intune, Dynomax RC exhaust Redneck Ram. W3JEP San Diego Jeep Club-Gulf War Vet. USAF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode