AUX light switches, in cab winch control and ESP disable - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kejtar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
AUX light switches, in cab winch control and ESP disable

Wife was gone for a few days and I was able to get some stuff done on the jeep I installed the AUX light switches though they are not hooked up to anything on the other end yet. One thing that I'm wondering about is if the brightness of the indicator won't bug at night. (stupid system rotated the picture)

I also worked on getting the in cab winch control and ESP disable. The winch control is not hooked up either (cable is in passenger's feet) but it's all ready The toggle is above the E-Brake and immediately to the right of it is an on/off switch that disables the winch control. To the right of that there is another toggle that controls the ESP. That one is working Btw, the toggles are rotated sideways as I drilled the holes to high up and I couldn't fit them vertical. The added benefit is that if something leans back from the cup holder there is a smaller likelihood of the switch being triggered then if it was straight up and down.

JK in SC likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 09:39 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Nice work! I have the a-pillar switches too and the brightness isn't too bad. In cab winch control would be really handy! Do you have a way to disable it so when you have top/doors off and leave it parked some nosey kids don't hop in and start hitting buttons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2008 JKU Rubicon
Engine: Hypertech Programmer, Airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer
Suspension: Teraflex 4.5" long arm lift, Ruffstuff Diff covers, Hydro assist, Hawk brakes, Gusseted, trussed, sleeved, Bilstein shocks, outer axle seals, Tom woods driveshafts, Dynatrac ball joints, Ruffstuff Tie rod.
Body:Teraflex F/R bumpers, Warn 9.5Ti, Viking synthetic rope, Rigid D2s, Rigid 12" spot, Trektop NX, Bushwacker flares.
Tires: 37" Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlars.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Thanks
I'm planning to fuse the line to the switch under the hood. That way all I need to do is pull a fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naterenfo1 View Post
Nice work! I have the a-pillar switches too and the brightness isn't too bad. In cab winch control would be really handy! Do you have a way to disable it so when you have top/doors off and leave it parked some nosey kids don't hop in and start hitting buttons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 10:13 AM
Wheeler

Garage

It may not matter to you, but the ESP wire is not 12 volt, it's data only, so the light will not work on your switch.

2016 JKUR on 35s

History- 90 XJ, 98 TJ, 98 ZJ
post #5 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Actually it does work
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996cc View Post
It may not matter to you, but the ESP wire is not 12 volt, it's data only, so the light will not work on your switch.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 10:30 AM
Wheeler

Esp switch? Would you mind explaining that one. It is the first i have ever heard of that but sounds like a neat idea. Thank you. Sorry to hijack. The switchs look good
post #7 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

It's the ability to disable the abs, anti skid and whatever else related systems. Comes in handy off road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny4fish View Post
Esp switch? Would you mind explaining that one. It is the first i have ever heard of that but sounds like a neat idea. Thank you. Sorry to hijack. The switchs look good
post #8 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Oh yeah - I used this write-up for the kill switch
https://www.flickr.com/photos/zombie...7632785264438/
post #9 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 04:27 PM
Wheeler

Thank you i will read that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode