Warrior Products Baja Tire Carrier in a JK?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By robertcrav
  • 1 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Warrior Products Baja Tire Carrier in a JK??

Just wondering if anyone has installed the Warrior Products Baja Tire Carrier in the bed of a JK? If so, please comment - considering this - or building my own (this would just be easier, lol). I would assume dropping the gas tank would be required to bolt the legs down to the bed.

Removable Spare Tire Carrier | Warrior Products
Attached Images

2016 JK 75th Rollover Build Project (in-process)
2014 JKHR
2011 JK Rubicon Rollover Project (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 07:24 AM
Granite Guru

Gas tank is on the passenger side frame rail. Not in the back. Probably be difficult to bolt down due to the rear storage cubby

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2015 JKU Sport - 2.5" TF, Currie RJ44s, Detroit/ARB, 5.13s, Poison Spyder Aluminum Flares, Synergy MFG Bumpers, 37" Cooper STT Pros on KMC Machete Beadlocks, Warn 9.5cti
post #3 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcrav View Post
Gas tank is on the passenger side frame rail. Not in the back.
Duh...good point. I guess I can throw the tire in there in the approx. position and get an idea of where the mounts will hit the floor - if nobody responds that's done it already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjim01 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has installed the Warrior Products Baja Tire Carrier in the bed of a JK? If so, please comment - considering this - or building my own (this would just be easier, lol). I would assume dropping the gas tank would be required to bolt the legs down to the bed.

Removable Spare Tire Carrier | Warrior Products
it is ironic you ask this -to me at least - because I have this n an online shopping cart because I have been aching to find a securing method better than high end ratchetstraps tonhold down the spare I wheel with while back seat laid down. It's a 37" and deflated I have it only occupying the 60% fold Down , leaving the little 40% seat up.

I want this so badly to bolt to floor with backseat removed but the stupid sub woofer extrusion sticks out too much so to get this to work in mine would take mods and sacrifice the seat back there that I barely can maintain as it is.

I think a smaller wheel tire would be fine and the affixing to floor could be done without dropping gas tank but if you've a less than 37" tire , you wouldn't really need this solution, heh. 35s and down can have no issue hanging off back.

Admittedly , It would be awesome to have this Warrior spare mount - ideally for a flat bedded vehicle- mounted UP ON SPORTBAR via some bracket like Synergy Mfg Baja basket bracketry but I haven't figured that out yet .

This thing is a cool mount but as bad as I want it , I haven't been able to figure out how to use it so it sits in my amazon cart...

edit: all this type of frustrating spare management had me get a little excited when I saw ACEs new-ish , NON-Bumper mounted , " standalone" tire carrier that has an optional slant back for fastback top users , not to change subject. But , I have so many necessary upgrades before I can shell out that much right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 04-01-2017 at 08:19 AM.
post #5 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Granite Guru

Excessive Industries Gatekeeper
http://www.excessiveindustries.com/s...e_Carrier.html

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

2015 JKU Sport - 2.5" TF, Currie RJ44s, Detroit/ARB, 5.13s, Poison Spyder Aluminum Flares, Synergy MFG Bumpers, 37" Cooper STT Pros on KMC Machete Beadlocks, Warn 9.5cti
post #6 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 08:17 AM
Granite Guru

Mounts to the tub

post #7 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Mounts to the tub

@robertcrav
Dude. I keep track pretty well and haven't seen this.
You, sir, are awesome for bringing that . That's exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks !

Really sorry to OP .promise I'm not this egotistical to hijack your thread . Just this subject always begs further solutions when discussing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 08:34 AM
Granite Guru

No worries...

There is another one I've seen, and am trying to find, that mounts off the sport bar using the tube clamps like the Rock Hard cage...Tire is at a similar angle

post #9 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
No worries...

There is another one I've seen, and am trying to find, that mounts off the sport bar using the tube clamps like the Rock Hard cage...Tire is at a similar angle

i know tecone your talking about . This gatekeeper seems way more stout . I also have seen someone on here fab thier own version of this I think . Maybe the brute4rce JKU owner didsomething similar once ?i can't recall but now have added this gatekeeper to my list of upgrades right after armor and CAs . I'm gonna get divorced from cont spending on this jk if not careful...heh
tapcola likes this.

post #10 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

All good guys - and you're not hi-jacking, lol. I too have the carrier in my "shopping basket", but these other solutions are an option also - especially the possibility of mounting off the sport bar.

I have the Alpine system, so the sub-woofer is in the floor and not side-mounted in the back. If anyone finds the sport bar mount option, please post...I'd prefer not to drill into the floor or loose the ability to put the hardtop on with the Gatekeeper. Thanks!

2014 JKHR
post #11 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'm guessing this is the sport bar mount one of you are thinking of...but it was custom made and fairly simple. I don't have the tube bending equipment to do this, however.
Attached Images

2014 JKHR
post #12 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 12:19 PM
Granite Guru

That's one, but not the one I was thinking of..

I've seen one somewhere that looks a little like a combination of the Excessive Industries and that one...

post #13 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Just FYI for anyone interested in the Warrior mount - it's available from Morris 4X4 Center for $10 cheaper than Amazon - and better to throw Morris the business vs Amazon...just sayin'.

2014 JKHR
post #14 of 14 Old 04-01-2017, 12:35 PM
Granite Guru

The one I remember seeing is more like this one, but sunken down so it will still fit under a top

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode