RK LCA bushing replacement - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 02-26-2017, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

RK LCA bushing replacement

Rather than replace the bushings on the frame side of my RK long arms for a 4th time. Has anyone ran across a solution to replace the bushings with something stronger that is drop in?

I have looked at the builder joints from MC. If I cut the ends off and drilled a 1.5" hole, that would only leave 3/16" wall. Not sure I feel comfortable with less than 1/4" wall.

The other option would be the MC housings. Same thing cut off and weld these on. Not sure if it would change the length of arm by cutting off and re-welding these on.

So any other ideas are welcome. Thanks!

GPS trackers with no monthly fee!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-26-2017, 03:13 PM
Rock God

If you make a big enough deal about it rock krawler will send you new arms....
Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 08:31 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTheRipper View Post
If you make a big enough deal about it rock krawler will send you new arms....
Hahahaha

Ha Ha. We did that for you because of the washer situation and wanted you to have good parts. LOL. We threw away all the washers as they were mixed and ddi not want to run the risk of having any other bad service parts leaving the building. Those washers were only for service as they have not been used for over a year in production...

RK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 08:33 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by COVRT Gear View Post
Rather than replace the bushings on the frame side of my RK long arms for a 4th time. Has anyone ran across a solution to replace the bushings with something stronger that is drop in?

I have looked at the builder joints from MC. If I cut the ends off and drilled a 1.5" hole, that would only leave 3/16" wall. Not sure I feel comfortable with less than 1/4" wall.

The other option would be the MC housings. Same thing cut off and weld these on. Not sure if it would change the length of arm by cutting off and re-welding these on.

So any other ideas are welcome. Thanks!
Give us a shout to go over you application. We are more than happy to help you out. If you are doing 1 ton swaps be careful with the ends you chose as none of the bushing or hemispherical joints available work with them and will cause more issues down the road.. We offer different arm configurations for different applications so give us a shout... 518-270-9822.

RK
post #5 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'm not looking for free parts... But I would like a solution to fix these bushings that last 3 days wheeling.

I will admit that I am hard on them. I have ran some of the toughest trails out there in my poor JK. She has been on all the Montrose trails, Carnage Canyon, Independence and Patriot, Pritchett,....

I was hoping someone came up with a drop in solution, looks like a little cutting and welding is in my future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 08:43 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
I'm not looking for free parts... But I would like a solution to fix these bushings that last 3 days wheeling.

I will admit that I am hard on them. I have ran some of the toughest trails out there in my poor JK. She has been on all the Montrose trails, Carnage Canyon, Independence and Patriot, Pritchett,....

I was hoping someone came up with a drop in solution, looks like a little cutting and welding is in my future.
What configuration are you running under you jeep?

RK
post #7 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Give us a shout to go over you application. We are more than happy to help you out. If you are doing 1 ton swaps be careful with the ends you chose as none of the bushing or hemispherical joints available work with them and will cause more issues down the road.. We offer different arm configurations for different applications so give us a shout... 518-270-9822.

RK
Here is my list.

2007 JKU
5.5" RK Long Arms
5.7 Truck Hemi
Atlas 4.3:1
79 Dana 60 front
01 AAM 10.5 (14 bolt) rear
41.5" Pitbull Rockers

post #8 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
What configuration are you running under you jeep?

RK

post #9 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 09:00 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Ha Ha. We did that for you because of the washer situation and wanted you to have good parts. LOL. We threw away all the washers as they were mixed and ddi not want to run the risk of having any other bad service parts leaving the building. Those washers were only for service as they have not been used for over a year in production...

RK

I thank you again for the excellent customer service.
Glad you took that for what it was, a joke, and didn't seem to be offended!

post #10 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 09:05 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Here is my list.

2007 JKU
5.5" RK Long Arms
5.7 Truck Hemi
Atlas 4.3:1
79 Dana 60 front
01 AAM 10.5 (14 bolt) rear
41.5" Pitbull Rockers
Are you running the Artec mounting system for the front?

RK
post #11 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Are you running the Artec mounting system for the front?

RK
No, I built this before Artec released there products for the JK. I put the axles and long arms in over 4 years ago. I used a TNT truss and brackets for the front axle and a Barnes truss with Synergy brackets for the rear.

post #12 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 12:32 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

You're blowing bushings out because the arms are in a bind if the mounts on the axle are wider than the mounts at the frame. You need arms with joints on both ends and you'll solve this issue once and for all.

You're going to blow anyone else's bushings out just the same if the above is actually how the arms are sitting in the vehicle.

post #13 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 12:32 PM
JKowners Vendor

Give us a shout so you can start a dialogue with one of our techs and we can check it all out for you and provide assistance.. It might be as easy as cutting off the end and putting a Pro Flex End on if the alignment is pretty good.

RK
post #14 of 14 Old 02-27-2017, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
You're blowing bushings out because the arms are in a bind if the mounts on the axle are wider than the mounts at the frame. You need arms with joints on both ends and you'll solve this issue once and for all.

You're going to blow anyone else's bushings out just the same if the above is actually how the arms are sitting in the vehicle.
That is a good point. I am running 3/4" difference between axle and frame side. So not exact, but very close. Shouldn't be more than a degree or two in separation.

RK I will give you guys a call. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode