My Alignment - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-17-2017, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

My Alignment

So I got an alignment and I'm not real happy with it . It dosent drive strait but it gets a little squirrel at high speed say 80 . I thought you where supposed to have 4 to 6° and 1/8 toe . What do you think of this report?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

SYNERGY, FOX,VKS,HUTCHINSON,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-17-2017, 07:50 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to RedrockHemi

Stock height? What year wrangler?

Looks like you need some AEV geometry correction brackets or something me adjustable control arms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08 Red Rock Rubicon Unlimited, 5.7 Hemi, 4.88's, 3.5 in Nth Deg short arm, 35in KM2's, AEV Pintler Beadlocks, Teraflex diff covers, Ruff Stuff Custom tie rod, AEV corner guards painted to match, painted flares, painted hardtop, leather seats, AEV front bumper painted to match, Warn 9000 XDi, Mopar Rear w/swingaway painted to match, HID's, TMD cowl Induction hood, Nemisis Billy Rockers, Warn Dual modes up front, PIAA's on the windshield
post #3 of 11 Old 02-17-2017, 08:20 AM
Rock God

Need a bit more caster. I doubt they want to adjust the arms. Dosent even look like they touched the caster.

Maybe im delisional but I have been successful in setting my own alignment in my garage with a tape measure and an angle finder and it comes out pretty damn good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 02-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkjeep View Post
Need a bit more caster. I doubt they want to adjust the arms. Dosent even look like they touched the caster.

Maybe im delisional but I have been successful in setting my own alignment in my garage with a tape measure and an angle finder and it comes out pretty damn good.
Totally agree.
I adjusted mine with a tape measure and a 2x4. later I took it in to get a computer alignment and it was just wasted money. everything was perfect.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-17-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I did my first one that way but I had fixed lowers with adjustable uppers. I now have everything adjustable. When you measure the angle do you use the flat spot on the front of the dif?
It just doesn't feel right. I have all Synergy arms adjustment is so easy!

post #6 of 11 Old 02-17-2017, 09:11 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapcola View Post
I did my first one that way but I had fixed lowers with adjustable uppers. I now have everything adjustable. When you measure the angle do you use the flat spot on the front of the dif?
It just doesn't feel right. I have all Synergy arms adjustment is so easy!

Now that you know your caster, you can keep track of how much you move it with the adjustable arms. It doesn't matter where you plant your angle finder as long as you use the same spot all the time. Write down the amount of change then add or subtract from the alignment rack reading.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
post #7 of 11 Old 02-17-2017, 09:12 AM
Rock God

You don't know exactly how much degrees of separation there is on that particular axle. You know what it's supposed to be but like everything else there are variances so I wouldnt use the flats on the front of the axle. You need to take the degree reading from the top of the knuckle where the top ball joint seats. Dial the arms back until it's around 4 degrees.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
post #8 of 11 Old 02-17-2017, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
You don't know exactly how much degrees of separation there is on that particular axle. You know what it's supposed to be but like everything else there are variances so I wouldnt use the flats on the front of the axle. You need to take the degree reading from the top of the knuckle where the top ball joint seats. Dial the arms back until it's around 4 degrees.

+ or -?

post #9 of 11 Old 02-17-2017, 09:18 AM
Rock God

Roll the top of the axle to the rear.

You can shorten the upper arms or lengthen the lowers. It's your call.

post #10 of 11 Old 02-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Rock God

Quote:

Once the caster is known from the alignment rack session, you don't need to know degree of separation, or anything else. He knows his caster now, so put the angle finder on any flat surface on the axle, (vertical, horizontal, doesn't matter), and zero it.
If more caster is wanted, adjust the arms to lower the pinion. His caster is +2.5°, and if he wants +4°, lower the pinion until the zeroed gauge reads 1.5°. Write that down and the new caster will be +4°.

Now, if his JK is lifted with an aftermarket drive shaft, he has to compromise his caster and pinion/drive shaft angle to avoid vibrations that could destroy the transfer case.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic

Last edited by ronjenx; 02-17-2017 at 11:23 AM.
post #11 of 11 Old 02-17-2017, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

So after I got home today I couldn't find my dam angle finder for the life of me! So I rotated the tires. I had one bad one up front so I moved it to the spare and put the new spare in the rear .it drives a lot better. I have plans on some new Nittos, I guess it will be sooner than later,
Thanks to all for the input !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode