Accident assistance # Help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-29-2017, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Accident assistance # Help

So this morning I got into a fender bender, both vehicle drivers & passengers were totally fine... I have a '09 Wrangler X and it handled the accident MUCHHH better than the Audi a8, to say the least. You can't even tell I got in the accident if the circles weren't showing thru front bumper. (Which isn't a big deal). However, most of the air dam clips broke off and now when I turn fully, you can hear the rubbing. My question really is, does removing the air dam void the lifetime warranty?

(&Yes, I know for a fact that I have the limited Lifetime warranty)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-29-2017, 07:19 PM
Wheeler

Garage

No it shouldn't have any effect, most people remove it anyway. Kicker with warranties is the dealer has to prove that the mod actually caused the damage, removing the air dam does nothing structurally for the vehicle it's merely aesthetic. As far as I am aware, rip it on off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKUR Rock Krawler 3.5", Fox 2.0 shocks, RK High Steer/Drag link flip, 37x13.5/20 & 5.13's and a whole bunch of other stuff
post #3 of 4 Old 01-29-2017, 09:47 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crso8541 View Post
it's merely aesthetic.
Agree it wouldn't affect warranty, but it is likely more than aesthetic. I would guess wind noise would be slightly higher without it and mileage may drop very slightly (probably small fractions of an MPG at most).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

The Air dam typically helps create pressure differential across the radiator. This pressure differential creates the necessary air flow across the radiator. If I was worried about maintaining my warranty, I would replace a cheap piece of plastic. I never utilized any of my jeeps warranty and run a bumper setup with no air dam.

Dealers and OEMs will put the burden of proof on you about whether a modification caused any damage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012 JKUR w/ couple modifications
2002 BMW E46 M3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode