ECU/Main harness issue - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-10-2017, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Question ECU/Main harness issue

2013 JKRU RIPPed

I've been having intermittent issues with a code telling me my o2 sensor is too rich (mostly p0297 over and over). Been around the horn several times with RIPP.

I recently had the 3.6 replaced with a low mileage pull due to an unfortunate incident with water ingestion....

I ended up paying a local shop to do the swap. So, different motors, different sensors, different everything.

After the swap I had a few remaining bugs.... mainly o2 sensor voltage high bank 2 sensor 1, persistent....

So I swap out the sensor, same thing...

Today, I start looking into the wiring, figuring the guy that did the swap might not have been as careful as I would have and he's pinched a wire, or bent a connecting pin or something.... can't find anything. Until...

I have the Jeep sitting with the key on, but not running, while I'm checking the wiring (using the Torque app to monitor the O2 sensor voltage in real time)...

I'm checking for damage to the harness and or loose connectors up near the ECU when the Torque app begins reporting error codes (19 in all) everything from throttle sensor to oil temp, to ignition faults and misfires (all while it's not even running)

Messing with the main harness leading off the right side plug of the ECU causes all sorts of hell to break loose every time, but I cannot find any damage to the harness.

My thoughts are ECU? or possible the plug? Plug looks OK though.

Any suggestions? A search turned up nothing useful.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)

Last edited by Guruman; 01-10-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-10-2017, 06:39 PM
JKowners Vendor

The right side connector is the engine side harness so that does make sense. I would try and hold the harness still and only move small portions of it until you narrow it down.
Im guessing a ground splice has come loose inside the harness somewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode