what products are you looking forward to? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

what products are you looking forward to?

what are you itchin for on your jk? i want some poison spyder sliders, what about you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 10-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Tube/Cloth doors with uppers.

Tube fenders that can fold/extend to be legal in all 50.
post #3 of 32 Old 10-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Wheeler

Mine are mostly fluff, but here they are anyways . Soft doors and a decent set of mirror relocation brackets (anyone know if the TJ ones can be made to work with some modification?). Also, a duster cover that doesn't force you to remove the soft top from the Jeep....that kinda defeats the purpose of what I've always used them for in the past .

All the other stuff for my meager needs seems to be out on the market now......'cept the funds to get said items .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 10-13-2007, 09:29 AM

I'm looking forward to the U.S. release of the Old Man Emu lift; it's already available Down Under, and should cost about $600 US... I've specifically waited to lift because I don't want to buy too soon and miss out on "the best" (if they hold to the rep they established with the TJ, that is).
post #5 of 32 Old 10-13-2007, 02:12 PM
gcg

Skid plates, particularly if they increase the clearance by tucking up closer to the drivetrain (several wasted inches there!). Would love skid plates for the oil pan, transmission, Tcase, gas tank, evap canister and muffler.

And if someone could find a way to raise the gas tank to get rid of those wasted inches, it would be great. How about relocating the evap canister and then splitting the tank into two, one on each side, so that the overall capacity stayed the same or increased and the bottom of the tanks was flush with the bottom of the frame rails.

Also would like a bolt in roll cage and some heavy duty steering gear similar to the Currie steering pieces for the TJ.

And how about a good fix for the hood lifting every time a truck passes you in the other direction.
post #6 of 32 Old 10-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Granite Guru

x2 of soft doors, I run them year round on my LJ and love them.

2007 JK Rubi Unlimited - 5" Teraflex, 37" Iroks
2005 LJ - HP60, 14 Bolt, 39.5, some other stuff
1978 J10 SOA and 35's

post #7 of 32 Old 10-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooJeep View Post
x2 of soft doors, I run them year round on my LJ and love them.

x3 on the soft doors. I currently have the skidrow engine/oil pan skid and I am happy with it. I also run Solid Axle diff covers. What I am REALLY waiting for is LCA skids and a new gas tank skid as mine has a couple of good dents in it.

Everything else I want is available, just not willing to pay top dollar for new bumpers yet.

Nick
------
07 Sahara Unlimited
Black with a little bit of lift,
a little bit of tires,
never enough armor
and a whole lot of FUN!
post #8 of 32 Old 10-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

AFFORDABLE belly armor. Shallower gas tank so it can be tucked flush with the frame. I wouldn't mind losing up to 1/4 of my tank capacity to get it up and out of the way!

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

post #9 of 32 Old 10-14-2007, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg View Post

And how about a good fix for the hood lifting every time a truck passes you in the other direction.

i thought i was the only one that noticed that, i have found that the more you offroad the less encounters wit big trucks

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #10 of 32 Old 10-15-2007, 04:49 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Skid plates, particularly if they increase the clearance by tucking up closer to the drivetrain (several wasted inches there!). Would love skid plates for the oil pan, transmission, Tcase, gas tank, evap canister and muffler.

And if someone could find a way to raise the gas tank to get rid of those wasted inches, it would be great. How about relocating the evap canister and then splitting the tank into two, one on each side, so that the overall capacity stayed the same or increased and the bottom of the tanks was flush with the bottom of the frame rails.

Also would like a bolt in roll cage and some heavy duty steering gear similar to the Currie steering pieces for the TJ.

I'm also vry happy I have my "Skidrow Offroad" Eng/Tranny Skid & Rock Rails, after a very hard day at "Rausch Creek" I'm lucky I had them. My Gas Tank Skid looks like crap but it took some really hard hits, Skidrow should be coming out with a Gas Tank Skid soon, can't wait. Also ca,'t wait for LCA Bracket Skids, they are in the works.
Eng/Tranny Skid

Rock Rails

Jim,
USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) DAV, DMZ "Leatherneck square"((To All The "November Charlie Foxtrot's" that think they know)) You Are Clueless
G27 , G26, & G22-C
post #11 of 32 Old 10-15-2007, 08:41 AM
gcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam6869usmc View Post
I'm also vry happy I have my "Skidrow Offroad" Eng/Tranny Skid & Rock Rails, after a very hard day at "Rausch Creek" I'm lucky I had them. My Gas Tank Skid looks like crap but it took some really hard hits, Skidrow should be coming out with a Gas Tank Skid soon, can't wait. Also ca,'t wait for LCA Bracket Skids, they are in the works.
Eng/Tranny Skid

Rock Rails
I'm hoping someone will come out with a different approach to the engine/ tranny skid. I like the style where there's a small skid that surrounds the oil pan and then a separate skid for the transmission. Hopefully these would be tucked up close to the equipment they protect and give a bit more ground clearance.

There's no doubt that the large, single skid works but I personally think it's a bit too large and can make it a bit easier to get high centered.
post #12 of 32 Old 10-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I'm hoping someone will come out with a different approach to the engine/ tranny skid. I like the style where there's a small skid that surrounds the oil pan and then a separate skid for the transmission. Hopefully these would be tucked up close to the equipment they protect and give a bit more ground clearance.

There's no doubt that the large, single skid works but I personally think it's a bit too large and can make it a bit easier to get high centered.
Yeah, I was really looking forward to the Nth oil skid. I run that on my LJ and really like it. I hope AEV can bring it to market.

2007 JK Rubi Unlimited - 5" Teraflex, 37" Iroks
2005 LJ - HP60, 14 Bolt, 39.5, some other stuff
1978 J10 SOA and 35's

post #13 of 32 Old 10-15-2007, 10:19 AM
gcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooJeep View Post
Yeah, I was really looking forward to the Nth oil skid. I run that on my LJ and really like it. I hope AEV can bring it to market.
I had their oil pan skid on my TJ, too, and really liked it. Although I wasn't real happy with the Nth Degree lift itself, I thought the skid and the Tummy Tuck were great. I agree that it would be great if AEV could introduce a similar product for the JK.
post #14 of 32 Old 10-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888 View Post
I'm looking forward to the U.S. release of the Old Man Emu lift; it's already available Down Under, and should cost about $600 US... I've specifically waited to lift because I don't want to buy too soon and miss out on "the best" (if they hold to the rep they established with the TJ, that is).
Yep me two. I have been bitting my lip and hiding my debit card so I can wait for that damn lift to come out.

Jeep: 07 Wrangler X 2DR Black
Crime Guard Alarm with 2way pager, AFE CAI, DynaPro Exhuast
M.O.R.E. Body Lift, Source Co2 Tank, Stubbied Stock Front Bumper
KMC XD 795 Hoss Black 17" wheels and Maxxis Bighorn 305/70/17 tires
Every mod in the write up section.

Old Jeep: 04 Wrangler X Yellow Built To The Hilt For Three Great Years.

POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB #2
post #15 of 32 Old 10-23-2007, 04:11 AM

I think Rockhard4x4.com is comming out with a whole set up of skids ...pricy though !

Daniel
post #16 of 32 Old 10-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Wheeler

I need some thick, stout corners that cover the existing tail light so I can install recessed lights. Only ones available are from AEV and there not as thick as I'd like, and they only come with holes for existing lights. Waiting on PS to hurry up and make their crushers available.

post #17 of 32 Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Granite Guru

Talking

I'm wanting to purchase winch bumper and winch then wheels and tires
post #18 of 32 Old 10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Gib
Rock God

Those of you that were wanting tube doors check out http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...42/1149/AUTO01

I looks like OR Fab has some out now.
post #19 of 32 Old 10-24-2007, 04:45 PM

STAGE 1 ..... Protection !!!!! We need some skids
post #20 of 32 Old 10-25-2007, 04:54 AM
Granite Guru

OME, JKS ACOS.

post #21 of 32 Old 10-25-2007, 06:02 AM
JKO Addict!

things I can afford
post #22 of 32 Old 10-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
things I can afford
Yea, what he said. Every rear bumper/tire carrier that I want is a thousand bones or more. I still haven't been able to talk myself into buying one. Looks like I'll be waiting for more options.

'07 Rubicon
post #23 of 32 Old 10-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Wheeler

Skid plates
Sliders
Crusher corners
Tube fenders
Lift
Winch
Bumpers and Tire Carrier
$$$$$ to get all of the above....any volunteers?
Oh, and if I really want to get crazy.....Mattracks as in these, http://www.mattracks.com/

You can make all the plans you want, just don't plan to fail.
post #24 of 32 Old 10-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
...Every rear bumper/tire carrier that I want is a thousand bones or more...
I bought the Smittybilt Classic rear bumper/tire carrier for $339. Granted it may be a floppy piece of crap when I get it, but I have buddies with welders that can reinforce it for me if need be. At that price, I figured it was hard to go wrong. Here's the description of it:

# 2007 Wrangler, Unlimited,Rubicon
# Heavy duty 1/4" steel plate design
# three point mounting system supports over-sized tires
# Special lock design keeps tire carrier secure while off-roading
# e-coat undercoated with dual stage textured black powdercoat

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

post #25 of 32 Old 10-29-2007, 04:43 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockJK View Post
I bought the Smittybilt Classic rear bumper/tire carrier for $339.
How long ago did you order it? I've heard long waits when ordering Smittybilt stuff. I've contacted them twice over the past couple months to see if they have any pictures of the SRC bumper/tire carrier for the JK. "Not yet" is all I hear. I guess that means they haven't made any yet if they don't even have a picture of it.

'07 Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode