annoying squeak coming from driver rear - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-27-2010, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

annoying squeak coming from driver rear

so i started noticing an annoying squeak coming from the driver side rear of the truck. got out and rocked it side to side and sure enough it was loudest when i shook it from the driver rear. it was too dark to check it out last night and im at work now... any ideas what it could be before i get under there? its had a 2.5" TF BB for a few weeks now but havent heard the squeak until now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-27-2010, 12:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I recently had a streange squeek in my JEEP. Could have sworn that it was coning from the rear passenger side ...maybe lift, maybe bumper. Finally located the squeek inside my JEEP. It was coming from the rear passenger seat. So I tightened fown all the bolts, sprayed them with WD40 and slapped some white lithium grease on the bar that locks the seat upright. No more squeek in my JEEP.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #3 of 9 Old 07-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkphotography View Post
so i started noticing an annoying squeak coming from the driver side rear of the truck. got out and rocked it side to side and sure enough it was loudest when i shook it from the driver rear. it was too dark to check it out last night and im at work now... any ideas what it could be before i get under there? its had a 2.5" TF BB for a few weeks now but havent heard the squeak until now
I have the same BB and I have a squeak in the passenger rear. Someone said that it could be the bolt that holds the shock in place is not tight enough. I have yet to try and solve the problem, but I may look into it today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit: While rotating my tires just now I found the source of my squeak. It seems that the sway bar, right before the link, is rubbing on the female brake line connector because the tension from the link/swaybar is pushing on the brake line and is moving the brake line bracket back about 5 mm or so.

So now the question is, how do I take care of it? (for anyone that has a solution, please help)

07 JKU Rescue Green with 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex w/ Bilstein 5100s, 5.13's, Eaton E-Locker, 35" MT Baja ATZ, 17" DC Torque wheels, Monstalined tub, Home-made front bumper with Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Wild Boar rack w/ IPF 968 lights, K&N Intake, Gibson Exhaust.
Future Mods: 2wd-4wd conversion = completed!

Last edited by jeepRcreepR; 07-31-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Granite Guru

I just got the TF 2.5 coil with shocks put on and its been squeaking the whole time by all 4 corners...i only have about 50 or 60 miles on it so far and im also confused on why its squeaking... maybe needs to be broken in cause everythings new?? or some wd40 somewhere?? I did get new balljoints at the same time...I need help as well!!
post #5 of 9 Old 08-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Jk View Post
I just got the TF 2.5 coil with shocks put on and its been squeaking the whole time by all 4 corners...i only have about 50 or 60 miles on it so far and im also confused on why its squeaking... maybe needs to be broken in cause everythings new?? or some wd40 somewhere?? I did get new balljoints at the same time...I need help as well!!
I would check to see if your brake line is rubbing on anything like mine is. That might be a couple of the squeaks in the rear. The easiest way to do it is to jack it up, take of the tire and gently pull down on the rear bumper. I was able to pinpoint the noise right to the brake line rubbing on the sway bar.

good luck

07 JKU Rescue Green with 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex w/ Bilstein 5100s, 5.13's, Eaton E-Locker, 35" MT Baja ATZ, 17" DC Torque wheels, Monstalined tub, Home-made front bumper with Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Wild Boar rack w/ IPF 968 lights, K&N Intake, Gibson Exhaust.
Future Mods: 2wd-4wd conversion = completed!
post #6 of 9 Old 08-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Rock God

I had the same squeek coming from the passenger side...........told the bitch to get out, and haven't heard it since

If you're gonna be fucking weird, own it.

~SoCo
______
post #7 of 9 Old 08-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Granite Guru

I found the fuel filler got a squeak up sometimes.

Removed the tail light and cable tied the fook out of it.

ex: RHD JK 2dr CRD auto
now: RHD JK 2dr Rubicon 3.8 6spd
post #8 of 9 Old 08-06-2010, 01:06 AM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

First, quit eating beans.
Second, tell the kids to shut it.
Finally, it is very possible it is the lift... When I put mine on, I used some elbow grease on the brake line mounts. It was required to bend the small bracket away from the other moving parts.

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
post #9 of 9 Old 08-06-2010, 02:00 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Annoying Squeak

Dude, since doing a couple of 4's a few weeks ago, I've had an annoying squeak on driver's side. Thought it was a front brake squeaker, but just figured out it's a bent rear axle that is causing my disk to contact the pad every rotation. Hopefully yours is not the same issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode