off road evo windshield sticker ? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-25-2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

off road evo windshield sticker ?

i was wondering the best way to go about putting this thing on straight? my rig is lifted so its gonna be a pain in the @#!,lol

2010 DARK CHARCOAL PEARL SAHARA UNLIMITED

2.5 terraflex coil lift,35 " kuhmo mud terrains,
17 x 9 black v-tec raptors,aev snorkel with raised
breathers, r.r xhd winch bumper w end caps, r.r
8500 series winch, stinger,bush wacker flat fender flares, piaa 540 lights w mopar
windshield brackets,r.r. sill gaurds,light gaurds,seat
covers,floor mats,ect ,ect, ect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-25-2010, 08:24 PM
JKO Addict!

I just did a poison spyder on mine. I pretty much sat on the cowl/hood, but my 140lbs doesn't make much difference! lol
I marked dead center of the windshield in three different places (it tapers) with a sharpie on the glass. Then marked the center of the decal (decal, not the whole paper). Centered it up, then measured to a common point from the top of the glass down to the lettering to make sure it was level.

I buggered up one small spot of a letter, but overall I can't see that it is really off-center or crooked at all. Which amazes me because I suck at decal installation! I didn't use any sort of water on mine. I used paint masking tape to hold the top in place and peeled the backing off

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

I stood on the seats with the top off, it says automobilejournal.com
A site I write for
But it's peeling so I'm going to scrape it off this week and put one on that says cancer sucks

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-25-2010, 10:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Put one strip of painters tape dead center, center the sticker ( to your liking), Do one side from the tape out then remove the tape and do the other side, did this myself and I'm 190 lbs. LOL

08 Rubicon - AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!
post #5 of 10 Old 07-25-2010, 10:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

you could roll down the windows and then you and a friend sit on the window and do what you got to???

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #6 of 10 Old 07-25-2010, 11:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrelopez99 View Post
Put one strip of painters tape dead center, center the sticker ( to your liking), Do one side from the tape out then remove the tape and do the other side, did this myself and I'm 190 lbs. LOL
agreed! i'll break it down.

things you will need...
1. applicator (credit card or bondo applicator)
2. very mild soapy water (in a spray bottle add 1 i repeat 1 drop of palmolive dish soap to a full bottle of water)
3. painters tape (just a few pieces)
4. a shady area (no no no not a back alley... under a tree or in a garage the less windy the better for your sake)
5. glass cleaner
6. rubbing alcohol
7. dry cloth or microfiber
8. patience (take your time!!!!)

TIME TO APPLY

A. clean the surface where you will be applying your decal with glass cleaner followed by rubbing alcohol.

B. use 3 pieces of painters tape. one placed dead center and the other two on each side of the decal. apply this to the decal with a small amount hanging off for sticking it to the area. apply light pressure to the tape side on surface of vehicle so that it can be easily removed for adjustment.

C. with a friend (or many back and forths by yourself) apply the decal to the area desired. stand back and view if it is centered. adjust if needed until you have found your desired location.

D. apply firm pressure to the painters tape as to keep the decal in place during application.

E. flip the decal up so the area of the vehicle you are applying it to is exposed. spray this area generously with the mild soap solution (do not wipe clean). this will allow you to move the decal around on the surface for perfect placement. now flip the decal back down onto application area.

F. starting at one side peel the backing from the decal lightly placing the decal onto the soapy solutioned surface. work your way across the area until the entire decal is lightly applied. spray more soap solution if the area starts to dry out. always keep the area wet.

G. once decal is lightly applied to surface move decal around until it is positioned where desired.

H. moving somewhat quickly use your credit card or other desired applicator and start in the center and work your way to one side firmly pressing the decal onto surface and working out air bubbles. repeat on otherside when finished. (here's where the soapy solution really comes into play... as it allows the decal to slide around a bit so that you can release all air bubbles) use dry cloth or micro fiber to soak up solution around decal as you work it out.

I. PATIENCE is KEY now allow the decal to rest for awhile before peeling off the topside. the longer it sits the better it will be. at least 30 min is recommended here.

J. TIMES UP? slowly peel the topside of the decal off starting at one side and working your way across to the other side.

K. WAH FREAKIN LAH! your decal is now applied professionally CHEERS

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

Last edited by .:eMETAL:.; 07-25-2010 at 11:36 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-26-2010, 12:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

eMETAL, you've could have just said that my instructions SUCK'd

08 Rubicon - AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!
post #8 of 10 Old 07-26-2010, 12:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrelopez99 View Post
eMETAL, you've could have just said that my instructions SUCK'd
nahhhhhh. i was just going to elaborate a little more but by the time i was into it i was in it for the whole shabang

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #9 of 10 Old 07-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
I just did a poison spyder on mine. I pretty much sat on the cowl/hood, but my 140lbs doesn't make much difference! lol...

what are you? 5'3"

Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

post #10 of 10 Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
what are you? 5'3"

5'11'" and eat everything in sight. Still suckin off my youth lol

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode