Coil Spacer Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-24-2010, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Coil Spacer Question

Did the regular search but still wanted to ask, you never know what answers you'll get I just like to get as much input as possible. Right now I have the Mopar 2" coils kit, I went with this because I wanted to try and preserve my warranty. I wish I would have just gone bigger to start, I was torn between the horror stories about getting my VIN red flagged and having what I wanted.
So now I'm contemplating adding 1" spring spacers to what I have, what do
I need to account for as far as shock travel, brake line and drive lines or anything else I'm not in the know about. I'll deal with the Dealer when and if that ever happens. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-24-2010, 04:40 AM
Rock God

The " I should have gone bigger" regrets. I did the same thing. Once you reach 3" in lift you will really need to contend with other parts needing upgrading, some immediately, some eventually.

Most shocks are labeled for different lift heights. Some for less than two inch lifts and others for 3-4 or 5-6 inch lifts. Once you hit three inches of lift there is the real concern over keeping proper geometry for axles and drive lines. I would strong consider waiting till you can address some of these issues in a more complete kit, that will include, proper shocks, control arms, trackbars, extended break lines and the such. You will eventually need to consider aftermarket shafts as well.

There are some really nice and generally complete lift kits on the market.

08 2dr X, Rock Krawler Arms and front truss, C Gussets, FT 3" Springs, JKS Trackbars & Discos, AEV Snorkel, Warn Front Bumper, Rancho Rear Bumper, 35" BFG KM2, Recon 10500 Winch, Synthetic Line, Coast Rear Shaft 1350, KC Slimlites, Cobra 75 CB
post #3 of 3 Old 07-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Rock God

Just sell the coils and by a complete lift kit, in the long run you'll be better off

Todd
2007 Unlimited
40 Toyo Open Countrys on Workz Rims
OrFab Rear Bumper, Smittybilt Front
Cree Light Bar
7.5 Long Arm Lift
Synergy Front Suspension
Artec Front JK Armor
5:13's
Tom Woods Drive Shafts
Hi-Lift & Much More
&
2000 TJ
6" lift
37 TOYO MT's on Worx Rims
$hitty Built bumpers
Air Raid
Bushwhacker Flairs & Trail Armour
Corbeau Baja RS seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode