Build Questions and suggestions ? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Build Questions and suggestions ?

Ok this is my firts post but i have a 2010 Rubicon Unlimited and i have all my parts ordered but i am needing a lil insight on whether or not i got the right idea...I got a RE 3.5 Lift with Blistien 5100s. Local shop made bumper with stinger , its about 150 pounds total i purchased 2 inch pucks for the front to keep it level and to keep my approach angel good. Will the pucks be pretty close to keeping it level ?? i went with 2 cuz i can trim them down a lil if needed but i can never add more to them if they didnt do the job. I also have 37in Bfg`s on unique 17x9 wheels (cheap steelies to abuse) and 5.13 gears... what all trimming can i exspect ??.. I know flares will have to be done and stock rubi rails... so any and all suggestions and tips will be appreciated as i dont want alot of surprises whn i start putting it together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Rock God

Garage

I think the 2" pucks will be quite excessive. 3/4" may be a better bet. Throw the lift on with out the spacers and the bumper and put a couple hundred miles onto it so that it can settle then measure to see if and how much have to raise the front end to level it out.

Trimming, as long as you bumpstop correctly, it should only be the two areas you mentioned (flares and pinch weld/sliders).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-20-2010, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thank You,, the builder said he used a 1.75 on the last bumper he built like this one,,they started off with .75 and had to keep adding so i to the overkill approach thinking i could cut them back,,i forgot to mention i also have a warn 8000 going on the bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Rock God

Garage

The winch will make a difference too, but RE's are a good spring and I don't see them sagging that much. Just make sure that you let the springs settle in before you measure and put those spacers in.

post #5 of 7 Old 07-20-2010, 08:32 AM
JKowners Vendor

I only have one question: WHERE THE HECK DID YOU FIND THE RE 3.5?!? I was looking for one and everything was on 6 week backorder. ?

That will be one heavy bumper, so 1.75 is probably not too much, especially if you like the level stance, not the stock nose-down angle.

I am running 5.38's with 35's (auto), and can't imagine running anything shallower--is yours a manual? Other than that, I think you will be very pleased and have an awesome rig to wheel!

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #6 of 7 Old 07-20-2010, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well I have been on the list since first of june and my drop ship date was 7-16 so it should be on its way.. I went through a Fab shop in town who are at the top of list with RE so maybe soon i will have it.. But i am definitely against the slanted front look for both eye appeal and function.. We will see....
post #7 of 7 Old 07-20-2010, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Also after much research on gearing i went with the 5.13s over 5.38 because of the actual gear strength..i do have an auto and was a lil weary but it seems to be a 50/50 give and take btween the 2 sets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode