G2 GEARS ?? What - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-15-2010, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

G2 GEARS ?? What

I've heard of Yukon supior but g2 just started seeing what's the downlow on these any input on these would be great thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoseddi View Post
I've heard of Yukon supior but g2 just started seeing what's the downlow on these any input on these would be great thanks
We have used their parts and they seem as good as any others that are offered. In fact I would not be surprised if several are made by the same company. Not saying G2's are...just saying

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #3 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Granite Guru

99% sure they're Genuine Gear brand gears, just renamed to G2. Pretty decent gear for the coin, good mid-grade gear. Here at our shop we always recommend Yukon Gears for any of our gear installations. We have never had a set of Yukon gears that set up poorly, thats the only ring and pinion manufacturer (other than genuine Dana Spicer gears) that we can say that about. Its also why we run Yukon in all of our rigs.

Whatever your gearing decision may be, make sure you have them installed by a qualified shop and that they offer you a warranty. If they don't offer any kind of labor warranty I would keep searching shops until you find one that does. Shops that offer warranties are confident in their installations, and therefore its less likely you'll ever have an issue with your new ring and pinion from a botched installation.

Just our 2 cents. Best of luck!

-HDC

The Worlds most ADVANCED JK Bumpers ever designed

Visit our new website

Become an HD Customs
fan!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 04:13 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I have the G2 gears and can't complain. Haven't blown one up yet, and I've tried. Can't beat a lifetime warranty on the parts. Didn't have time to tackle the installation myself, so had 4wp put them in and that came with a year labor warranty.

My sig is HUGE in Japan
post #5 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Rock God

i am running 4.88 yukons for almost a year with no issues and i did get a sweet pattern. mine were stamped made in korea. here is a pic of the d30
post #6 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 06:05 AM
Rock God

Garage

We installed g2 5.13 a month ago
Install went smoothly
No noise
I'd highly suggest them

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #7 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Granite Guru

I've installed them all! Yukon is my top pick first. G2, genuine, motive, and Nitro. Don't want to say much about Superior!

post #8 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 07:12 AM
JKO Addict!

when we did jeepnick's gears, we called G2 since there was no pinion depth stamped on the pinion (maybe i'm old school but that's how i've always done them).

They said "oh just add .006 to the shim on the pinion and check your pattern"

HOLY CRAP, that's all it took! patter with that added and stock carrier shims was DEAD on.

crushed the crush sleeve, reinstalled, and it's been good.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 AM

Aren't Yukon gears really just Superior gears?
post #10 of 11 Old 07-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Rock God

I know two guys with TJ's that have busted teeth off of the pinion gears. They were Genuine Gear, aka: G2
I've HEARD they are made with a lesser quality material than many of the other brands.

On the other hand....I know more people that have had possitive experiences than negative.

Off-road.com
JK Project
Recession Cheap Cherokee
JK Project 2
post #11 of 11 Old 07-19-2010, 10:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBach View Post
I know two guys with TJ's that have busted teeth off of the pinion gears. They were Genuine Gear, aka: G2
I've HEARD they are made with a lesser quality material than many of the other brands.

On the other hand....I know more people that have had possitive experiences than negative.
I broke a yukon pinion in my tj d 30...

I'm just sayin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode