Disconnected Mystery Hose: HELP!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-15-2010, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Exclamation Disconnected Mystery Hose: HELP!!!

Got back from wheeling this weekend and noticed a rubber hose dangling in my front driver side wheel well!! No warning lights are on the dash, and its not the brake line. Comes out from just behind the front shock, and I can't find a matching hose on the passenger side. It's also thicker than the brake line, and smooth instead of striped. Can anyone help me??? Thanks!

'08 X 2-Door, 4" Pro Comp suspension lift, 35" MTR Kevlars, Warrior tube doors, MBRP exhaust kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Granite Guru

Sounds like its the breather tube from your front dif. You prolly pulled it off the diff when your driver side drooped all the way. If you dont go through to much deep water you can just slide it down on the shock tower. Other wise go to AZ and get some longer hose to extend it. Look under your jeep i bet you see the copper barb on the top of the diff.

Commando Green 2d, rear stretch on 37's
post #3 of 3 Old 07-15-2010, 09:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC4D4MD View Post
Got back from wheeling this weekend and noticed a rubber hose dangling in my front driver side wheel well!! No warning lights are on the dash, and its not the brake line. Comes out from just behind the front shock, and I can't find a matching hose on the passenger side. It's also thicker than the brake line, and smooth instead of striped. Can anyone help me??? Thanks!
It's your diff breather for the front axle. If you look at your axle tube, on the drivers side, you'll see where that hose fits.

You flexed and popped the breather off. No biggie unless you were in water, then you might have water in the diff and should at least check the fluid, if not just drain and refill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode