Just saw these - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 07-15-2010, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Just saw these

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16502_4300.htm

Anybody use these brackets. I still have stock control arms and around 3.5 to 4 inches of lift. It drives like crap of course but I dont have the cash to replace the frt drive shaft and upper adj arms so I thought this was brilliant. Use factory arms (which I actually like cause they have bushings at both ends and yes they do flex to the limits of the shocks) and factory driveshaft which I already have a spare.

I already ordered them after seeing them but any input?

2008 Stone White 2DR X
Cutsom TJ front 2" springs with 2 spacers
Teraflex rear 3" 4dr. springs heated so they actually sit 3" on my 2dr
Custom rear shock mounts
285x75 R16 Treadwright MTRs Yeah they rock soon to be 315x70 R16
Xenon Narrow Flares
Woods Steering Stabilzer Bracket
Teraflex rear driveline
Mopar Frt bumper made Stubby
KC Slimlites
Bikini Top
Custom exhaust - Flowmaster single chamber with Woods tail pipe
Lots of Beer Consumption
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I've never used them but this is a pretty good thread on them-

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...ction+brackets

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 16 Old 07-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Nice idea for a mall crawler. I have smashed my frame side control arm mounts too much already to lower them even more. I'm pretty sure I would rip those things right the hell off.

My sig is HUGE in Japan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-15-2010, 06:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

I have them and they created a pull to the right that I didn't previously have, I got tired of pushing out my front lower right control arm trying to fix the pull. It has been parked for the past few weeks while I am in San Francisco working. Many people have said that they helped on theirs a whole lot, I wasn't that lucky.

I just ordered over 500 bucks worth of poly performance brackets to resolve this issue once and for all as I have approached it from every other way and wasted waaaay more money going other routes, anyway the brackets will be for sale in a week when I get back.

If anyone is interested in what I bought from poly I got the front steering kit, the rear track bar raise kit and the upper front track bar brace as well. I plan on doing a write up when I swap everything over.

Like I said MANY people felt they worked very well and fixed all of their issues, I just did not get that lucky. Also do yourself a favor and buy a new upper bolt as them dorks didn't include one.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 Old 07-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Wheeler

I must be in the camp of the "lucky" as the brackets were the best JK mod I've done.
Although I would agree that AEV should have included the bolt in the kit.

'08 Stone White Rubi Unlimited, 3.5 AEV Premium, BFG KM2 35's on Pintler Argents, AEV Front and Rear with Tire Carrier, Warn 9.5ti, Shrockworks Rails, Airaid CAI, Cooltech Muffler Relo, Iggee's, Dirty Dog 4x4 Mesh Tops and Grab Handles, Dirt Bags & M-Pac Storage Solutions.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-15-2010, 01:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

These would be "rock magnets" on my rig.
post #7 of 16 Old 07-15-2010, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

yeah I might hit them on rocks as I do not have a mall crawler but I already plan on welding these on with some sort of skid and gussets to reinforce them. I plan on running 35 here in the next month so I don't think it will be a issue. I already bashed my stock mounts a couple times too with 33's. As for the pull to the right I don't see how that could be possible. Only time will tell they are already in transit

I was looking and you have roughly the same clearance with long arms. The long arms hang down just as much unless you get the cleranced ones

2008 Stone White 2DR X
Custom rear shock mounts
Xenon Narrow Flares
Teraflex rear driveline
KC Slimlites
Bikini Top
Lots of Beer Consumption
post #8 of 16 Old 07-15-2010, 10:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmansJK View Post
yeah I might hit them on rocks as I do not have a mall crawler but I already plan on welding these on with some sort of skid and gussets to reinforce them. I plan on running 35 here in the next month so I don't think it will be a issue. I already bashed my stock mounts a couple times too with 33's. As for the pull to the right I don't see how that could be possible. Only time will tell they are already in transit

I was looking and you have roughly the same clearance with long arms. The long arms hang down just as much unless you get the cleranced ones
just to put it in perspective.

welding skidding and gussetin unless you can do all this stuff on your own then you are gonna be lookin at a price close to waht a pair of control arms are i would imagine

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #9 of 16 Old 07-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Granite Guru

I'll never understand why people buy a new Jeep and then want to cheap out on gimiky crap like it's an old YJ.....a set of adjustable control arms is like $200....spend the money on quality kit.
post #10 of 16 Old 07-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Granite Guru

I've seen a lot of Cherokee's run them with a lot of success. I agree it looks like a rock magnet but the guys I've seen run them on their XJ's have the philosophy of down travel is what its all about, and with big tires you end up seeing a lot of flex from dropping the pivot point down like this.

2009 Rubicon Unlimited, 4" Long Arm Rancho, 37"MT Baja M/T's, SRC Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier, XRC Front Bumper, Mile Marker 9.5, Viper Alarm, PureJeep Rockers...PM to ask my opinions

Wife: 99 TJ, 3" Lift, 32's
Had: 99TJ, 5" 35's....
post #11 of 16 Old 07-16-2010, 02:02 PM
JKO Addict!

For the people who haven't ran them, you don't know what your talking about. I have adjustable arms on mine and no matter what adjustments I made to any of the arms or track bar or whatever, I was having wandering issues and some drive shaft vibration. I installed these (because they are only $100 bucks) and it cured both.

As for the pull during breaking, that would be cured with some adjustments.

Basically in my case, I couldn't get enough caster to cure the wandering and not have driveshaft vibes from my Tatton driveshaft. These brackets were able to cure it. As for hitting them on rocks, the mounts are about even with the back of my 35 inch tires so short of coming down off a ledge, I don't have an issue.

Now, I would much rather cut and turn my axle so I would have all the caster and have a great pinion angle, but that isn't in the cards for this axle (I have another in the garage...).

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #12 of 16 Old 07-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
For the people who haven't ran them, you don't know what your talking about. I have adjustable arms on mine and no matter what adjustments I made to any of the arms or track bar or whatever, I was having wandering issues and some drive shaft vibration. I installed these (because they are only $100 bucks) and it cured both.

As for the pull during breaking, that would be cured with some adjustments.

Basically in my case, I couldn't get enough caster to cure the wandering and not have driveshaft vibes from my Tatton driveshaft. These brackets were able to cure it. As for hitting them on rocks, the mounts are about even with the back of my 35 inch tires so short of coming down off a ledge, I don't have an issue.

Now, I would much rather cut and turn my axle so I would have all the caster and have a great pinion angle, but that isn't in the cards for this axle (I have another in the garage...).

Did you keep your adjustable control arms with this brackets?
post #13 of 16 Old 07-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Rock God

On my rig they made it drive better in EVERY way. As for hitting them on rocks, i have a time or two, but they're stronger than the factory frame side bracket. I've had no issues at all with sliding them across a rock. The arm itself is what mostly hits anyway, and they're pretty tough.

Adjustable arms only fix caster, not the angle of the arm which makes a huge difference in how the jeep drives on and off road.

LJ Rubicon
post #14 of 16 Old 07-17-2010, 07:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drulg View Post
Did you keep your adjustable control arms with this brackets?
Yup, they are still on there.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #15 of 16 Old 07-17-2010, 07:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
These would be "rock magnets" on my rig.
mine too

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #16 of 16 Old 07-18-2010, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Sweet I can't wait to get these things and yes I can cut and weld all on my own. I did build these and as far as cheaping out, that is just stupid. Unlike most I actuallt like the factory arms. Jeep spent years designing these and why change something that works.Name:  P071110015.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  75.3 KB
Attached Images

2008 Stone White 2DR X
Custom rear shock mounts
Xenon Narrow Flares
Teraflex rear driveline
KC Slimlites
Bikini Top
Lots of Beer Consumption

Last edited by YmansJK; 07-18-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode