trans problem - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-14-2010, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 950
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews
trans problem

well i dropped my jeep back off to the dealer ship cause they fixed my clutch and TOB.. well a few days after i pickede it up.. it was ticking and made a grinding noise when i hit above 2000rpm and would go away when i pressed in the clutch.. well i get a call today.. and they say everything is fine in the clutch area.. and it must be a internal problem in the trans.. they want to charge me $900 to tear it down.. i laughed.. i told them i'll just run it till it blows up...

question is.. what could this problem be? it didnt happen till i got it back from the dealership.. and it only makes this ticking sound when it gets warmed up..

i have very little money to fix the problem.. and i dunno what would be the cheapest.. wait til it blows and buy a used one or just wait till it blows and see if i cant find a cheap hemi replace.. its kind of bullshit this happens when it comes back from the dealership..

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BiGEN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 07-14-2010, 04:33 PM
JKO Addict!
 
SONIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bell Buckle, TN
Posts: 3,730
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGEN View Post
well i dropped my jeep back off to the dealer ship cause they fixed my clutch and TOB.. well a few days after i pickede it up.. it was ticking and made a grinding noise when i hit above 2000rpm and would go away when i pressed in the clutch.. well i get a call today.. and they say everything is fine in the clutch area.. and it must be a internal problem in the trans.. they want to charge me $900 to tear it down.. i laughed.. i told them i'll just run it till it blows up...

question is.. what could this problem be? it didnt happen till i got it back from the dealership.. and it only makes this ticking sound when it gets warmed up..

i have very little money to fix the problem.. and i dunno what would be the cheapest.. wait til it blows and buy a used one or just wait till it blows and see if i cant find a cheap hemi replace.. its kind of bullshit this happens when it comes back from the dealership..

I just ordered one with 6 miles on it from burnsville for 750.
Mine went kaboom after being submerged for a number of hours

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
SONIC is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 07-14-2010, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 950
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

well theres the problem.. i havent been in any mud or water for like 2 yrs... just rock shit..

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BiGEN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 Old 07-14-2010, 05:31 PM
JKO Addict!
 
SONIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bell Buckle, TN
Posts: 3,730
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGEN View Post
well theres the problem.. i havent been in any mud or water for like 2 yrs... just rock shit..
That doesn't mean that you don't have a bad bearing in there which is what it sounds like. Sometimes things just go bad. It always sucks.
But they charged me 600 to remove and tear down the trans.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
SONIC is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 07-14-2010, 05:32 PM
JKO Addict!
 
tkob1060's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ :)
Age: 51
Posts: 7,281
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

I'd call Chrysler and bitch, it has to be related to their work

try another dealer see what they say or a trans shop and dont mention anything about first dealer. Seems to me like its still clutch/TOB issue.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
tkob1060 is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 07-14-2010, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 950
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
I'd call Chrysler and bitch, it has to be related to their work

try another dealer see what they say or a trans shop and dont mention anything about first dealer. Seems to me like its still clutch/TOB issue.
i had the TOB/Clutch fixed.. but im going to take it to another dealer and see if they can give me a good will work since im 3k over 36k miles.. and i also will see what they say and come back to the other dealer and bitch and call Chrysler..

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BiGEN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome