is this a good deal? Pro comp suspension lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 07-13-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

is this a good deal? Pro comp suspension lift

Went down to Oc motorsports today in Costa Mesa to look at lifts for My unlimited JK rubicon. The sales manager suggested I go with either the 3.5 inch lift using spacers and my stock suspension or go with the full suspension 4 inch pro comp lift.

For the 4 inch pro comp suspension lift he suggested to go with 18 inch wheels and 35 inch tires. The entire combo installed (including wheels and tires) would be 4,100.00. Is that a good deal? A good lift? He said I wouldnt need to do anything else to the car. True? Gears? Stearing stabalizer?

My intended use would be a daily driver in orange county (so I need it to handle good at highway speeds) with the occasional offroading (maybe once a month) and in the mountains every week in the winter. SO I want it to be functional when I tackle tough trails, and obviously to look good.

Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-13-2010, 10:59 PM
JKO Addict!

We need a lot more info to tell you if its a good deal.
What wheels?
What tires?
What lift? Control arms?

Either way dont go 3.5" spacers. Bad idea. 2.5 is the max.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #3 of 19 Old 07-13-2010, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Wheeler

I would go to a couple of different shops to get quotes and compare the different products offered. I think off road evolution is in fullerton isn't that in orange county? What other shops are in L.A. area. Check the vendors on this forum. Jeep speed shop is a vendor here think located in petaluma is that anywhere near you?

Last edited by Flounder; 07-14-2010 at 12:11 AM.
post #5 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Rock God

I wouldn't buy Pro Comp - there are better products for less money. I wheeled with a guy who had the 4" PC system over the weekend and my 2.5" spacer lift was the same height.

I wouldn't buy 18s - because tires will be way more expensive than necessary. 17s are very common and if you're not worried about looks vs performance check out a 15 or 16 inch wheel and save lots of money.

He is not telling you the truth about not needing gears unless you have 3.73s or 4.10s and a six speed. If you have an auto you will want gears. Do some research on that.

Do some more research and consider installing a lift yourself. It isn't hard. You should look at the 2.5" spacer lifts. They are cheap, give you plenty of lift for 35s and occational wheeling, and will keep a ton of money in your pocket.

Watch the for sale section and local craigslist. I bought the Rough Country spacer lift with shock extensions (works fine for now) for $40.00. I put it on in my garage in a couple hours.

08 Unlimited - Flame Red "Lucy"
2.5" RC Coils & 33" KM2 on stockers

08 JK - Stone White "The Goat"
2.5" BB, 35" MTRs on 15s, Rubi sliders - just the beginning
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping Austin Weird
post #6 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 08:50 AM
JKO Addict!

we have had really good luck with 3.25" rustys lifts for 550 bucks. everything you need, and nothing you don't.

I paid 800 bucks for 5 xd addicts (17's) with brand new 35" BFG KM2's

then i grabbed an ORF stubby out of 4wd's scratch n dent for 180 bucks and a rugged ridge rear out of scratch n dent for 200.

There's deals out there...
post #7 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Rock God

I would go with a good quality spacer lift. 2.5. And 17" rims will be cheaper on tires also.
post #8 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Rock God

"R"

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited. Rock Hard skids, Skidrow Control Arm Skids, Shrockworks bumpers. Pro Comp 2" Puck Lift.
post #9 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Banned

IMO you cant beat the Rough Country spacer lift. 2.5 in the front 2 in the rear, and it's steel. Not some space age polymer wraped in food coloring. Plus the price is right.

And go with some of the above coments. Save some Cheese for bumpers and stuff. Then if you decide you are going off road more. Get the bigger spring lift down the road. You may need to drive shafts with a 4 inch lift as well.
post #10 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Kickerman View Post
"R"
im with you

Rock Krawler . Bilstein . BFG . HiLift . Aeroforce . BnM . Mobil1 . Mopar . Viair

Ragga Fucking Jungle
post #11 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 09:24 AM
JKowners Vendor

For 35's 4" is over kill! A good 2.5" or 3.5" system will do the job!

If handling is your biggest factor make sure the system you choose has the ability to adjust the front caster with some adjustable arms as well as proper steering corrections! Those things will be huge to you!

Rock Krawler
post #12 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Kickerman View Post
"R"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebigh View Post
im with you
Come on guys...that isn't necessary. You knew everything the first day?

This attitude ruins forums. Grow up and stay out if you don't have anything constructive to say.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping Austin Weird
post #13 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ View Post
Come on guys...that isn't necessary. You knew everything the first day?

This attitude ruins forums. Grow up and stay out if you don't have anything constructive to say.
I am retarded so can someone enlighten me as to what the "R" means and how it insulted marcus so bad?
post #14 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 10:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I am retarded so can someone enlighten me as to what the "R" means and how it insulted marcus so bad?

JK... repost
post #15 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
They were starting the "Repost" thing. That is fine in Chit Chat when someone has posted the video of the girl in the Porche a million times but something like this is a valid question and a situation that most likely differs from others that have been approached before.

There were variables to his question such as 18" wheels, Pro Comp, and an overall price. That stuff isn't going to be answered by searching.

We are here to GROW, not run the new guys off by being pricks and making them feel stupid for asking questions. We run em off and guess where they are going to end up? Over there getting a bunch of shitty replies and advice.

Keeping Austin Weird
post #16 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Granite Guru

I'd hold off buying anything until you've had a chance to do some more research and reading on this and other forums. There's plenty of good advice out there (and bad) so it's best to arm yourself with as much information as you can.

I agree with Marcus, 4k for a 4" pro comp kit is overkill for 35's and 1 offroad trip a month. There's lots of good options out there for far less money..... Tera Flex, OME, Rock Krawler, all offer kits in the 2.5 - 3" range that would suit your needs just fine, on and offroad. Not to mention they're far less than 4k.

He's also right on the money when it comes to his comments on tires, wheels, gears and installing it yourself. There's lots of guys/gals that would be happy to help you out for a few

Welcome to the forum, read a ton, ask a lot of questions, and try not to refer to your Jeep as a car anymore

2008 JK X 2dr. Std. Blk
post #17 of 19 Old 07-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Rock God

Garage

cmon Marcus, nothing wrong with a bit a breakin of the ole balls no? But it was posted twice, exact same post, in two sections on here, hence our posts. Nothing to do with the fact that the topic is beaten to death, new members will always ask what we already did, which is ok. But not the case here.

And OP, youll get a way better deal on other kits, that are better anyway. RK, who potsed in here is a good place to start, www.rockkrawler.com .

Rock Krawler . Bilstein . BFG . HiLift . Aeroforce . BnM . Mobil1 . Mopar . Viair

Ragga Fucking Jungle
post #18 of 19 Old 07-15-2010, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Sorry for the re-post guys, I wasn't sure what section to post it in. Figured Id post it in both. My bad. No worries on the heckling, no offense taken. Thick skin here .

Thanks for all the responses.
post #19 of 19 Old 07-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by boother View Post
Sorry for the re-post guys, I wasn't sure what section to post it in. Figured Id post it in both. My bad. No worries on the heckling, no offense taken. Thick skin here .

Thanks for all the responses.
See, this dude knows whats up!!! Check your PM's Boother.

Ragga Fucking Jungle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode