Superchips flashpaq owners.... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-13-2010, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Superchips flashpaq owners....

i just got one this weekend and installed it but have some questions some of you who have had one for awhile may be able to answer.
1st where is the setting to change throttle responce?i thought there was 3 levels
2nd do i have to use the tuner itself to controll lockers? or do i still use the switch
3rd is there any benifit to changing the fan turn on temps?
4th how do i find the info its supposed to log?

so far im very happy with it, i mainly got it for towing my camper and it made a huge difference, i towed it to the truck show this past weekend and bought it at the show and put the tow tune on for the trip home and it was a big difference. im no wstarting to mess around with it more.

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Granite Guru

Is your rig manual or auto. I'm guessing manual as you are interested in the pedal response settings. I found out later on that it doesn't really help on the autos.

It's tricky to find. Here is a copy of my post on another forum.
It is very hard to find the update unless you dig for it.

Pick a tune to install on your vehicle even if it is the same one as before.

Once you select that tune, look at the submenu under that tune. Should be options or advanced options, then pedal response should be available. I updated the tuner twice and spent awhile before I figured out where it was. It's actually another layer deeper than the OP mentioned.

Can't help you with the lockers question as I don't have em. I do know from reading that to use the lockers in 4HI the tuner has to be plugged into the OBD port.

Someplace there is a list of all of the data logging options but I can't find it. You can plug it in and scroll through everything, I've glanced through mine and there are a bunch of choices.

Superchips also has a forum on their site that might help.

Lastly, sometimes it takes a couple of updates over the internet for features to be installed, so if you don't find it update the tuner again.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-13-2010, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

i have a auto but was intrested in seeing the difference.
i just went out and messed with it again after upadting it again and i found everything. its set to max , i guess on the 91 tune it automaticly goes to max .it sucks you need to have the tuner plugged in to use the lockers and you cant use both at the same time (ie front and rear at ther same time)

superchips needs to come up a way to use the usb port to connect a larger screen, like so i can conmnect it to the video in on my D3 to see the log info it can take

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode