Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-08-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar Install

So I picked up a track bar from one of my local shops. They know what I drive, I emailed them and asked if they could get an adjustable track bar for my JK. They replied "Sure, got areal beefy RE track bar in stock, you want it?"

I took it. I didnt realize that RE carries 2 different track bars, the standard replacement and the "extreme duty". I cant seem to find any install instructions on this, and I cant find it on RE site except as part of a lift.

My question is, When I go to quadratec it says that a bracket (also not listed on RE's site) is required for install. Is this true?

Anybody have experience with this track bar?

Joe -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

They are probably talking about the frame-side drop bracket. It is used in conjunction with the RE kit to keep the drag-link and track-bar parallel to each other. Not sure what lift you have or if you need to drop the track-bar to keep things in better alignment.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 5 Old 07-08-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Running a 3" Teraflex spring lift. I noticed the axle sits about 1.5" to the drivers side when I did my ORE Sleeves. Figured it was time to fix it. Doesnt seem like their other trackbar has this requirement. Is it something that would be required for above a certain height.

Worst case scenario, I give this one back and get a different one, havent even paid for it yet.

Joe -
-
-
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

The way that your jeep sits now....is the drag-link parallel with the track-bar? With most kits at a certain height- you will need to add either an axle side track-bar mount (that will raise the track-bar on the passenger side), or a frame side drop-bracket (that will lower the track-bar on the driver side).

The 4.5" RE long-arm kit uses the drop bracket. I believe that the 3.5" RE lift does not. The seller may be under the impression that you need the bracket, assuming that you have the RE 4.5" kit.

If your rear axle is also off-centered as much as your front, then I would opt to get an adjustable track-bar on the rear as well.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 5 Old 07-09-2010, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Rear Axle is fine, the TF lift came with a track bar extension bracket for the rear. I just looked at the drag link and it looks pretty damn close to parallel.

The seller said it should work just fine, I got a little worried when I was looking up the part and saw the requirement for the bracket on quadratec... me just being over cautious and verifying before I invest the time installing.

Joe -
-
-
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode