Rebel Offroad - Davids JK Build 4" Teraflex Long Arm etc. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Rebel Offroad - Davids JK Build 4" Teraflex Long Arm etc.

The Build:
I first met the owner of this JK Rubicon at the Jeep Jamboree in Big Bear. He had signed up to run some of the toughest trails on the Jamboree where I was one of the Trail Guides . When I saw the JK in its almost stock trim I admit I was a little concerned. Concerned that is until I saw how the owner was not afraid to wheel it hard. The Jeep boasted factory wheels with Staun Internal Beadlocks and a full set of Rockhard 4x4 skids underneath showing more than their share of battle scars. After a great time and a good pounding on the trail the owner decided that giving the JK a few suspension upgrades were in order to lessen the pounding that the skid plates and rockers were taking and add to the Jeeps overall trail-worthiness.
So into the shop came the JK for a list of upgrades that included:
Teraflex 4 inch long arm kit
Teraflex Hi-Steer kit
Monster track bar and Frame brace
Raceline Beadlocks 17 inch Monster Diamond wheels
35 x 17 Goodyear Kevlar Tires
Axle Sleeves
Axle Gussets
Lower Control arm Skids
CV Drive Shafts Front and Rear

Here are some photos of the build.
Name:  Stock Suspension.jpg
Views: 4371
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  Raceline Monster Beadlocks.jpg
Views: 3403
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  On the Rack.JPG
Views: 3300
Size:  85.2 KB

Name:  Teraflex Long Arm.JPG
Views: 10245
Size:  86.5 KB

Name:  ACOS Bump Stops.JPG
Views: 6079
Size:  73.1 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2010, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Old 07-08-2010, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2010, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Rock God

he going to wish he went bigger tires once he is on the ground with a 4 inch lift and flat flares.

08 jk unlimited X
1 ton axles
39.5 Iroks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redx08 View Post
he going to wish he went bigger tires once he is on the ground with a 4 inch lift and flat flares.
Maybe not with 35's. Looking good Bond. Shop needs more white JK's!

Any "after" shots?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Pics of the finished product

Here are the pics of the Jeep after it was built and prior to delivery. The Jeep drives great on the new long arm kit. Smooth on the freeway too.

Interesting side note. Upon delivery the owner (who also has a prerunner) decided a test drive was in order. So down the road we went at a higher than would be expected rate of speed. And twards the 2 Jumps. Yes JUMPS on the street. I grabbed the handle above the glovebox and held on. We hit the jumps and the long travel suspension soaked up the jumps. A look of dissapointment and confusion came over the owners face. So he did a u turn and headed back down towards the Jump again. This time he didn't let off the gas as the Jeep caught some air. After we compleated both jumps the owner said " The jumps are no fun anymore. The Jeep dosn't buck like it used to and the rear seat passangers won't hit their heads on the roof." After a good laugh. He said he loved the ride.

Here are the fiinshed pics. (Sorry no Jumping pics.)
Name:  View 1.JPG
Views: 3244
Size:  52.3 KB

Name:  View 2.JPG
Views: 3118
Size:  67.5 KB

Name:  View 3.JPG
Views: 3179
Size:  69.0 KB

Name:  View 4.JPG
Views: 3083
Size:  64.3 KB

Name:  View 5.JPG
Views: 3259
Size:  65.0 KB
Old 07-10-2010, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Old 07-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL OFFROAD View Post
Bond,
I drove Dave's JK on the freeway, it drives real nice! Very little bump steer and looks great too! you did a real nice job for my brother.
Way to go!

Silver 4 Door JK
60's / 40's
Ripp
Rebel Off Road Suspension
King Shocks
Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Rock God

Looks good & awesome story! Haha.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 PM
JKowners Vendor

Thanks for posting up this build.

801-713-3314
Old 07-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Rock God

Great story and install pics, I think we need some action shots though, hehe.

2008 X 2-door, 35" Duratacs, Clayton Long-arm, geared and locked

2012 Rubi 2-door, 37" Nittos, Method Beadlocks, JKS Suspension, JCR everything
Old 07-13-2010, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadGeorge View Post
Bond,
I drove Dave's JK on the freeway, it drives real nice! Very little bump steer and looks great too! you did a real nice job for my brother.
Way to go!
Thanks,

I'm Glad he likes it. I'm even glad you didn't hit your head on the roof as he drove it on your eh' hm' "TEST TRACK"

Cheers,
Bond
Old 07-14-2010, 02:47 AM
Granite Guru

Nice job BOND!!!! The JK looks like its right at home now, I gota get you to order me up that front 44 beef kit, lemme know what it cost, an also that rock hard evap skid is toasted ,, so I need ur opinion on a rlocation kit.. my evap sensor cracked an that skid is now a upside down u, haha but the JK is wheelin great,,,,, Cheers Brutha!!! Thanks John
Old 02-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Granite Guru

I am curious on why the Wrangler MTR's/k are mounted the way they are on this build. Mine have stamped in the rubber "This Side Outboard" and this build has the tread pattern mounted the opposite direction. I went out and checked to make sure mine were correct according to the tire marking and they were. Just curious.

Teraflex 4" Lift with 8 Flexarms - Mickey Thompson Classic Locks - 35" Goodyear MTR with Kevlar - Shrockworks Mid Width Front Bumper - Shrockworks Full Width Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier - SkidRow Oil/Tranny skid plate - Rock Hard 4x4 JK Evap Canister Skid Plate - Coast Front and Read Driveshaft - Teraflex Front/Rear Differential Covers - Superchip Flashpaq - Mile Marker 9500 - KC SlimLights - ARB on-board air/CB/Ham radio - Yukon 5.13 - Sleeved and Gussets
Old 02-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

looks great. anothoer nice Jeep from the guys at Rebel

grats to the owner!

Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

Old 02-22-2011, 04:13 AM
Rock God

1. Great story and build.
2. Beautiful welds on the LA brackets!
3. The poor abused muffler tells the story just about as well as you did.

Mike 2010 Rubicon 2DR | RK 3.5 X FACTOR MID ARM | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 02-22-2011, 11:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Nice build. Still a good way to go aesthetically for that Jeep (see: paint wheel wells)

Hope you got the gussets for the rear control arm mounts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Very nice build!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL08JK View Post
I am curious on why the Wrangler MTR's/k are mounted the way they are on this build. Mine have stamped in the rubber "This Side Outboard" and this build has the tread pattern mounted the opposite direction. I went out and checked to make sure mine were correct according to the tire marking and they were. Just curious.
My buddy that designed/engineered the tires said they can be ran either way. The reason they stamped the tire with one side being outboard was because their insurance was having a fit. But he said it doesn't matter which way you want to mount them, either way has it's pros or cons re: performance.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in