Gobi Roof Rack questions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-07-2010, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Gobi Roof Rack questions

Hey guys, I am planning on getting a gobi roof rack, but I have a few questions for those of you who may have one or seen them in use.
1. Can I run a snorkel with either the Gobi Stealth or ranger racks? Preferably the AEV snorkel?
2. Can I still mount lights to windshield brackets?
3. With the ranger rack and optional lights, can I still tie down a kayak or two? Or will they come in contact with the lights? In which case I should run the Stealth rack.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxk142 View Post
Hey guys, I am planning on getting a gobi roof rack, but I have a few questions for those of you who may have one or seen them in use.
1. Can I run a snorkel with either the Gobi Stealth or ranger racks? Preferably the AEV snorkel?
3. With the ranger rack and optional lights, can I still tie down a kayak or two? Or will they come in contact with the lights? In which case I should run the Stealth rack.

Thanks!
1. Yes, I have the AEV snorkel with the stealth currently. Fits perfectly.
2. Yes, but I'm not sure whose brackets you need. I've seen pictures on the board somewhere. I'd ask David at Alphaexpedition.com
3. Where are you concerned about contact? On both the ranger and stealth, the lights sit between two parallel horizontal bars.

Mike 2010 Rubicon 2DR | RK 3.5 X FACTOR MID ARM | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #3 of 3 Old 07-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxk142 View Post

Thanks!
yes, you can run the AEV snorkel

yes, you can run winshield mounted lights. How? Just let me know what you plan to mount there and I can have the GOBi mounts setup with welded on brackets for your lights. I have done a few custom GOBi racks for customers.

If you plan to run a round light up front/ top, you can do so on either the stealth OR the Ranger. You just want them to sit a touch lower than the upper bar. On a stealth, that's just an extra bracket. btw, if you use Yakima mounts for your Kayak, you can utilize them on the GOBI as the corssbars are the same diameter.

Let me know if I can be of any help. I am up at GOBI at least a couple times a week.

2016 JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode