Unavailable options for axles? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 07-06-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Unavailable options for axles?

We've had the ProRock 44 out for a while now and we're currently checking into building a new 'standard' version that would address the caster issues JK owners face with a lifted rig. So aside from that......

Are there options or features you'd like but can't currently get on a PR44 or 60? Front or rear? Are there options out there you want but NOBODY builds? The JK world is moving very fast and the aftermarket still has some catching up to do. What could we build that would well suit the JK owner that isn't currently considered?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Rock God

Weld a trackbar bracket on the front with multiple holes like the one Poly Performance has out. That way if you're going the high steer route it's there, if not you trim it down if you're worried about it hitting the frame.
post #3 of 22 Old 07-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Wheeler

I second the front trackbar mount. I have the ProRock and I had to fab up my own bracket because nothing aftermarket fits the ProRock housing. Those of us who want to run high steer knuckles, etc. are left trying to figure it out on our own. Multiple mounting holes for the front trackbar would be awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 07-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahlum View Post
I second the front trackbar mount. I have the ProRock and I had to fab up my own bracket because nothing aftermarket fits the ProRock housing. Those of us who want to run high steer knuckles, etc. are left trying to figure it out on our own. Multiple mounting holes for the front trackbar would be awesome!
Poly makes one for the 3" axle tubes. Thats what I have on mine.
post #5 of 22 Old 07-06-2010, 04:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Place the lower shock mounts more toward the ends of the axles so the shocks will not hit the frame during full droop on a lifted rig. I have seen a couple of Pro Rocks where the owners had to buy the Poly relocation mounts.
post #6 of 22 Old 07-06-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Good ideas!!! Keep 'em coming.
post #7 of 22 Old 07-06-2010, 05:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Coil over brackets w/ no spring pads, some sort of bump stop

Joint on the upper arm mounts - rebuildable

08 Rubicon - AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 22 Old 07-06-2010, 07:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I would love better ground clearence with use of 35inch tires and a slightly cheeper price as long as you can still make everything in the USA

Axles are on my list but a bit far down for now....Well unless I hit the lotto or get a big raise at work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 22 Old 07-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
Weld a trackbar bracket on the front with multiple holes like the one Poly Performance has out. That way if you're going the high steer route it's there, if not you trim it down if you're worried about it hitting the frame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Place the lower shock mounts more toward the ends of the axles so the shocks will not hit the frame during full droop on a lifted rig. I have seen a couple of Pro Rocks where the owners had to buy the Poly relocation mounts.
Both of these I asked for when I purchased my prorock but was told that it would cost too much to do and was not going to be offered.

How about a trade-in program.

I also think you should ship them with out ball joints and lower the price. My joints lasted about 500 miles before the prosteers went in.
post #10 of 22 Old 07-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Wheeler

Dana 70 Full Float rear that will accept the stock brakes
post #11 of 22 Old 07-07-2010, 05:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Wilwood brake setup using 5on5 bolt pattern (easy and cheaper than the "big brake shit" or SRT stuff seeing as you can already get hats in 5on5) and the same for rear with either a spot caliper or other e-brake.
Or just sell the bracketry and custom hardware with instructions like "use willwood dynalite caliper and rotor part # xxxxxxx"

Full float 60 rear, 35 spline or larger, 5 on 5 bolt pattern
post #12 of 22 Old 07-07-2010, 03:22 PM
JKO Addict!

By far the two most important items here, IMO, are the front track bar mount and outboard shock mounting.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #13 of 22 Old 07-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Granite Guru

I second the full float option although I have a feeling that you would probably provide that if someone called you up and asked for it. Maybe it would be cheaper if it wasn't a custom quote though? Kingpin knuckle options would be nice too, but to my knowledge you guys have never done those. The solution to that in my mind is to order a bare housing with tubes and brackets then weld on the Cs and king pin knuckles. It would be easier if you guys offered those things boxed up and ready to go. For the majority of users full float and kingpins might be overkill and much more costly though. With all of this it would probably stress your ability to mass produce boxed ready to go axle sets so I do not expect it to ever happen.... but still !

~Casey

post #14 of 22 Old 07-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Wheeler

Portals..... and diff that will bolt into a rhd model
post #15 of 22 Old 07-19-2010, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Still View Post
I second the full float option although I have a feeling that you would probably provide that if someone called you up and asked for it. Maybe it would be cheaper if it wasn't a custom quote though? Kingpin knuckle options would be nice too, but to my knowledge you guys have never done those. The solution to that in my mind is to order a bare housing with tubes and brackets then weld on the Cs and king pin knuckles. It would be easier if you guys offered those things boxed up and ready to go. For the majority of users full float and kingpins might be overkill and much more costly though. With all of this it would probably stress your ability to mass produce boxed ready to go axle sets so I do not expect it to ever happen.... but still !

~Casey
You're right, we already have a full float option. This option is becoming more popular for a heavy JK. We offer kingpin 60's for the users that prefer them to a ball joint 60.
post #16 of 22 Old 07-19-2010, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

A locking hub option has been requested for the 5 on 5 pattern. If you have any experience with the Warn kit that was sold for the TJ, will that small hub design suit your needs?

SpynTec is making a 5 on 5.5" kit for the JK now, is this $1,450 option cost acceptable if you had a 5 on 5 pattern?
post #17 of 22 Old 07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
A locking hub option has been requested for the 5 on 5 pattern. If you have any experience with the Warn kit that was sold for the TJ, will that small hub design suit your needs?
Nope, breaking those hubs every trip couple trips out was a PITA!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #18 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 01:12 PM

I just got my prorock 44 last night, I will be installing it on Sat, I am using AEV 3.5 9th degree suspension, I know AEv has order from dynatrac, does the relocation bracket bolt to prorock44, and do I need to make a new bracket
post #19 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Granite Guru

One thing I've already noticed. I have JKS Swaybar quick disconnects and on the passenger side it is a royal PITA to get the bottom end of the link off. The brackets are all in the way. Don't know if there is anyway to make it work better without really weakening the bracket though.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
post #20 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdoesitbetter View Post
I know AEv has order from dynatrac, does the relocation bracket bolt to prorock44, and do I need to make a new bracket
I believe the AEV bracket mounts similar to our bracket. It uses a U-bolt to clamp to the housing. If I'm wrong please correct me, but I think removing the Dynatrac bracket & welding on something like this would work better with the flipped draglink:

LINK

It welds to the 3" tube & moves the location of the track bar up 3".

Thean Bellocchi
Poly Performance Inc.

Sales & Tech Support
805-783-2060 Ext. 200
Makers of the JK Synergy Suspension Systems & Parts.
post #21 of 22 Old 07-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Granite Guru

Another thing I noticed this evening.

There isn't a drain plug on the diff.

I know that is a minor thing but the stocker had one and it is so convenient. I doubt it takes a whole bunch of extra time to machine one.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
post #22 of 22 Old 07-24-2010, 05:38 AM
Wheeler

adjustable track bar mount, out-boarded shock location, coil-over mounts/bump pads instead of lower spring mounts, rebuildable upper joints, brake kit---all already addressed and concurr.

additional;
Different cover bolts/design (really like PSC one with sunken heads)--mangled the ones on my TJ and the stars sux
Hydraulic steering assist bracket...somewhere (cover?)
Engrave/mark caster grid (+/-X degrees) on axle/include degree gauge for adjustments and ease of install
Engrave your logo on the diff instead of glueing it (I know, petty, but I lost it somewhere and I'm sure that was a $50 item...lol!)

-Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode