Mirror Relocation Brackets - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 07-06-2010, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Mirror Relocation Brackets

I am looking at purchasing a set of mirror relocation brackets, or some form of quick release mirrors. What is the best option? I think I may eventually run the Gobi Ranger or Stealth roof rack, so would the Mopar or Rugged Ridge mirror relocation kits be compatable with this rack which also mounts to the windshield frame?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Rock God

Garage

be ready to not be able to use your passenger side with the doors ON if you get the RR relocation brackets.

dont get the lange quick release I mirrors that go thru the hinge, they vibrate like crazy. ive heard the lange quick IIs are better, but not by much.

if you're just going to be running with the doors off, then i would check these out. then either buy a second pair of stock mirrors or go junkyard hunting for some so you dont have to keep switching back and forth.

no idea on the compatibility of the roof racks...

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #3 of 20 Old 07-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Rock God

Windshield mounted relocation brackets...basically consider them a "for legal purposes only" sort of deal.

The driver side works ok, and you'll barely be able to see the passenger side. Just a side effect of moving them up and forward that much.

A mirror to mount to your hinge will better suit you if you want to see out of them.

I no longer work with Warrior. I am now working with The FIRM.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 12-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Wheeler

DieTech Offroad Mirrors are NOT a solution, as the real need for me is for on road legal compliance with local safety regulations, and the DieTech site clearly states...

"This product is intended for off-road use. And is not intended to be used as a safety device."

Over $70 and the manufacturer says off road use only? Why, is there something wrong with their suitability to being used on road?

In view of the foregoing, No thanks.

http://www.dietechoffroad.com/produc...rorbracket.htm

Still looking for a viable product, and ready to buy.

'12JK-U Rubi /Dynatrac ProRock 44 / 4:88's / 2.5 Old Man Emu Susp Lift /F&R JKS Trac Bars /OME Long Travel Shocks /BilstienSS /TereFlex Control Arms /Coast1310 /Eng Oil, Evap, Rear Diff Plates, LoD Rock Sliders /Duratracs - 35's /BlackRock Wheels /Zenon Wheel Flares /DetachFlaps /LoD Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier /K&N/Engo10,000S Winch/FloorLiners /Uniden 510

Last edited by JeepBobWinnipeg; 12-24-2012 at 04:38 PM.
post #5 of 20 Old 12-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Wheeler

The DieTech mirror brackets work great. Mirrors are in the stock location, so no need to find the mirror. The off road only statement is likely some type of required legal notice. Bought the brackets from DieTech online and bought a set of mirrors identical to the factory ones from 4Wheelparts.
post #6 of 20 Old 12-24-2012, 06:34 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

DieTech mirror brackets are the way to go. They are legal for on-road (pending states that say you have to have doors on), but here on Oahu you can run topless and doorless all year around.....definitely have to have a hat and rain jacket for the hard rains though.

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 20 Old 12-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
be ready to not be able to use your passenger side with the doors ON if you get the RR relocation brackets.

then either buy a second pair of stock mirrors or go junkyard hunting for some so you dont have to keep switching back and forth.

no idea on the compatibility of the roof racks...
I have the relocation brackets and he is right. with the doors on it is not great. if you are considering half doors then dont bother with relocation brackets... I see three sets of mirrors in my future LOL

I would recommend second set of mirrors definitely. I switch back and forth but can tell the bottom bolt that holds them on the threads are getting weaker.

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

post #8 of 20 Old 12-24-2012, 07:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Harley mirrors on the hinges and call it a day. You will be able to use both.
post #9 of 20 Old 12-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Write up on the DiTec brackets. Best thing out there.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33953

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #10 of 20 Old 12-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Wheeler

Another vote for DieTech. Best mirror bracket out there.

Synergy, Synergy, Synergy
post #11 of 20 Old 12-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic JK View Post
Another vote for DieTech. Best mirror bracket out there.
x10, like what others recommend DieTechs all the way. With these brackets the passenger mirror is actually useable & vibration free rather than just for show. As far as legality, it's probably there as a disclaimer for the manufacturer to protect itself and in some states where doors are required. Think about it? The bracket allows you to use the OEM mirrors, how can you not be more legal than that? others have been using non OEM mirrors or DIY mirrors like Harley and have rarely been hassled by law enforcement ????

'12 JKU Rubicon (Bright White)

-4.10 Ratio
-5 Spd Auto
-430N Media
24R Package
-315/75/16 Toyo Open Country MTs
-Katzkin Heated Leather Seats
-16x8.5" Level 8 Tracker wheels
-Dynomax Evo Competition exhaust
-TeraFlex Front Lower Control Arms

(prev) '08 JKU x (Black)
-5.13 ratio
-4 spd auto
-1" M.O.R.E BL
-2.5" TF Coil lift
-315/75/16 GY MT/R
-16x8 ProComp 8069 rims
-Magnaflow / CoolTech exhaust

Last edited by aldaman; 12-25-2012 at 01:11 PM.
post #12 of 20 Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Rock God

Garage

Another vote for Die-Tech. Although I have not used them personally, the logic is so simple and reasonable it's one of those things that makes you wonder why no one else thought of it before.

I have another brand of bracket that is essentially identical to the Rugged Ridge ones and I'll 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or whatever, all the comments from those above about the issues with the passenger side. As a mirror it's virtually worthless. As a means of satisfying the law, they're fine.

Another thing to think about is if you have power mirrors on your full doors, you'll probably want to just go ahead and buy a replacement set of manual mirrors to use with the relocation brackets. Will be a serious pain to try to pull the power mirrors off the full doors and I'm not sure you can even mount them to the RR style brackets -- don't know how the wiring is routed from the OEM mirror. Also, the manual mirrors will be easy to move from the relocation brackets to a half-door/tube-door if you want/decide to go that route. I bought the Quadratec replacement mirrors and you absolutely cannot tell them from stock (except for the etching on the mirror glass), but they're cheaper than Mopar.

So, I think when warm weather rolls back around I'll be in the market for a set of Die-Tech brackets. If you decide you just have to have the RR style, I can make you a good deal on a set.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #13 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Wheeler

The Die techs look great. I have had a couple of different brackets and mirrors but I wanted something that WORKS! I think these die techs are next on my list.
post #14 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Granite Guru

DieTech w/ HighRock 4x4 Mirrors (damn near identical to the OEM mirrors, at half the price). As for legality...what's illegal about it?

"Check local and state laws before using this product." Bob forgot to mention that.

Last edited by NorCalRubicon; 12-28-2012 at 04:49 PM.
post #15 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 05:24 PM
JKO Addict!

You can use the stock mirrors with the die tech correct?

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #16 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Wheeler

To further complicate this thread, what mirror would also work with full soft doors? I currently have the RR mount and as mentioned, is virtually worthless for seeing out the passenger side and even worse with soft doors on. Been wanting to put the stock mirrors back on the hard doors, but not certain what options to use with the soft doors. Obviously the Die-Tech would work great doorless, but not so much with the soft doors.
post #17 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlynch2 View Post
You can use the stock mirrors with the die tech correct?
Yes you can.
post #18 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
To further complicate this thread, what mirror would also work with full soft doors? I currently have the RR mount and as mentioned, is virtually worthless for seeing out the passenger side and even worse with soft doors on. Been wanting to put the stock mirrors back on the hard doors, but not certain what options to use with the soft doors. Obviously the Die-Tech would work great doorless, but not so much with the soft doors.
There's always what Doc did here: https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...hlight=mirrors (2nd post). A lot more complicated (and expensive) than what we've been talking about, but would probably work.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #19 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Mopar make a set..... search for it. Mounts to the cowl and doesn't shake. Passenger side is better than any I have seen, but still.... partially blocked by soft doors.
post #20 of 20 Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've used a couple different ones ...the Die Techs are the best, IMO.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode