Rock Krawler vs other lift kits - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-02-2010, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
JNV
Wheeler

Rock Krawler vs other lift kits

I am now looking for lift kit for my jeep. I do not know much about wheeling, this is my first Jeep and I do like to take it offraod every chance I get. I am looking for a 2.5" lift. Rock Krawler and Poly Performance are considerably more expensive than many others I have seen. Are they really worth it? Do I get more stuff for the price or just way better quality?
I drive an 4 door JK unlimited X with the 3.73 gears and stock 28" tires which I want to upgrade to 33" tires. Also, should I go to 4.10 gears or will I be fine with the stock 3.73 gears. I do, and plan to do more, moderate wheeling, and camping / hunting,
Any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks,
JNV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Wheeler

lift

take my advice, dont buy cheap, you get what you pay for!!!! Poly and rock krawler are excelent and they support this site! rock krawlers new 2.5" kit looks great. again my opinion{you know what thats worth} get the kit with control arms and track bar and everything else, you will want it and need it before long! good luck and have fun.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Wheeler

gears

3.73 with a standard would be ok, but if you go to bigger than 33"[which you probably will] than 4.56 or 4.88 are a good choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 07-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Rock Krawler...

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #5 of 12 Old 07-02-2010, 05:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You cannot go wrong with either one of those choices. Yes they are more expensive but tougher than woodpecker lips. Once you get them in your hand you will see the difference. Customer service is great on both and you can search all day and not find anything bad about them.

Spend the money once and do it right.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Rock God

Garage

With all the overthinking and research you cannot go wrong with Rock Krawler Poly or Teraflex. All great companies with great products and customer service. Call them directly and talk to them to find out what the companies think. You can also see how well they will respond to your questions and problems. I went with Rock Krawler and Jeremy at Rock Krawler has been a great resource.

ENJOY
post #7 of 12 Old 07-02-2010, 07:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Someone else makes lifts?

The best 2 riding JKs I have ever been in is my 5.5" RK long arm.

And my wifes with spacers and my old 4dr springs

I think RK and Poly are setting the benchmark for riding, performing non-gimmic lifts.
post #8 of 12 Old 07-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Granite Guru

Haven't ridden in a jeep with Poly lift but many seem to love it. I personally love my RK lift and would definitely buy it again.
post #9 of 12 Old 07-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Granite Guru

go with RK, and just so it dosnt hurt so much realize in about 7 months you will be re-shoping for a bigger lift... bigger tires...

Two is one and one is none... Fire in the Hole
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-03-2010, 03:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You can not go wrong with Rock Krawler and Trust me they are worth the $$$.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 12 Old 07-03-2010, 04:38 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples when researching.

I am finding that we often come in a little more expensive than the rest when comparing complete kits because we are including more/differnt components. You can go to our site and build a specific kit that includes all the parts you want if you don't see a system that is layed out the way you want. Feel free to call my direct line if you have an specific questions.

JK Synergy Suspension Components

Dave
x203

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #12 of 12 Old 07-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Granite Guru

don't forget AEV - its a good kit for those who spend the majority of their time onroad and don't go too hard offroad.

ex: RHD JK 2dr CRD auto
now: RHD JK 2dr Rubicon 3.8 6spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode