Wow! That looks great. How much Monstaliner did you end up using? Also, what do you mean by straining before the second coat? Do small clumps develop in the gallon once mixed?
You can go to any paint store and find paint strainer bags. Because this product uses a catalyst, over the 10 hour pot life this product will change from when you first began...The small clumps are the same that form once you use a gallon of paint, meaning as you pop off the lid, poor some out, the sides of the can will dry, when you mix it with a stir stick you will get the residuals that have already begun to dry...i.e. boogers in your paint. I also did mine on a 90*+ day just because I had to get it back together so I was expecting more boogers. Just strain it, and you won't have that problem. It's not a problem anyways, as you can pick them off once it's set up for a day or so.
I used all but about a finger's worth or so in the gallon pot on a 2dr. That was two coats on the whole tub, the inside of the tailgate door, and the lip that the hard top rests. Remember though, this is on a super hot and humid day, so there was quite a bit wasted along the side of my bucket (would recommend using a paint tray as they suggest) and I was very methodical in making sure every last inch had coverage. I know the 4dr guys say they get away with one gallon.
I'm also in no way worried about this stuff hurting the dogs. I was climbing all in the Jeep putting it back together after a day and a half of cure and it wasn't rubbing off or anything. They say light duty use after 3 days, and full use after it's fully cured at 7 days. It hasn't been a week, so the dogs have yet to be in it. I was actually going to just put the two pieces of carpet that are on the rear floor back in just for the dogs comfort, though.
This stuff gets super durable. After a day and a half I was able to drop wrenches and everything else on the tub (by accident) without anything happening to it. The CB when mounted on the driver side trans tunnel (via center console Torx bolt) actually scraped along the side of the Monstaliner as I twisted and turned it to get it to fit. This caused only a white line to appear...which then rubbed off. No harm done. I'm pretty confident in the fact this stuff is going to last at this point. Best part is, this stuff cost me $130. I did have to go buy some MEK ($20), an extra brush for the second coat as the first coat left the provided brush toasted ($3), and some latex gloves ($.50). That's a fraction of the cost of having someone spray-in...and in my opinion, looks just as good. As long as you have the time to do it yourself, it's a great product. We'll see how it holds up to the dogs and such over the next couple months.