superchip Q - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-02-2010, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

superchip Q

When you calb for bigger tires does it just afect the speedo or does it do something to the fuel supply. Speedo reading 50 but doing 58, reprogramed speedo and jeep feels like its running with MORE POWER!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Rock God

Yes the Superchip Flashpaq does so much more.

1. Rev limiter= extending the rpm range to maximize the power band so that the vehicle pulls better and does not fall on its face after the shift.
2. Speed limiter=extending the top speed governor to be able to travel above 100MPH* limited to vehicles with Z rating tires (high speed range tires)
3. Shift points= These are WOT (wide open throttle) up shift extensions, so that you can get the most MPH out of each gear.
4. Shift firmness= The force of the shift (like a old school shift kit) * this is not harmful to the transmissions. Firmer shifts get the gear changed with minimal slippage and less amount of heat= longer life of the trans.
5. Tire height correction= If you have changed the tire height smaller or larger than stock.* measuring from the ground to the top of the tire within 1/4" increments.
6. HP (high performance tune)= No towing over 1000lbs *usually the best for fuel economy.
7. Tow perf= Towing program designed for towing. **Safest for towing**
8. 87 octane= NO tow, to take care of the options of the tuning without running the high octane fuel.
9. DAQ 1= 1/4mile times, 0-60 times **freebie download**
10. DAQ2= (advanced)=PID (Parameter Identifications) monitoring =monitor a select number of sensors to view for diagnostics.
11. DTC reader= (diagnostic trouble codes) check engine light comes on and you can use this feature to read and clear the check engine light.

This info is pretty much from Superchips website.

The programmer downloads new information to your vehicle’s computer, and stores the original information in case you ever want to go back.

The programer is set up to adjust all of the elements that affect vehicle power: air/fuel ratio, fuel injector flow rates and spark timing. In addition it can tune shift characteristics of an automatic transmission for maximum acceleration and a performance feel.

Póg mo thóin!
post #3 of 4 Old 07-02-2010, 08:43 AM
JKO Addict!

i also speed limited my wife's JK to 90 mph lol.

you can manually set where you want shift points in the auto.

i've only run the 87 tune so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-02-2010, 08:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Make sure you program ACTUAL tire size and not CLAIMED tire size, and round down that number to the nearest 1/4" before you input it into the programer.

When I first got my Superchips, I calibrated for 35" tires (I had 35" KM2s) and my speedometer was way off. I measured the tire and got a measurement of just about 33.5". I used my GPS to fine tune and ended up needed to input 33.25" to get the speedometer perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode