Yes the Superchip Flashpaq does so much more.
1. Rev limiter= extending the rpm range to maximize the power band so that the vehicle pulls better and does not fall on its face after the shift.
2. Speed limiter=extending the top speed governor to be able to travel above 100MPH* limited to vehicles with Z rating tires (high speed range tires)
3. Shift points= These are WOT (wide open throttle) up shift extensions, so that you can get the most MPH out of each gear.
4. Shift firmness= The force of the shift (like a old school shift kit) * this is not harmful to the transmissions. Firmer shifts get the gear changed with minimal slippage and less amount of heat= longer life of the trans.
5. Tire height correction= If you have changed the tire height smaller or larger than stock.* measuring from the ground to the top of the tire within 1/4" increments.
6. HP (high performance tune)= No towing over 1000lbs *usually the best for fuel economy.
7. Tow perf= Towing program designed for towing. **Safest for towing**
8. 87 octane= NO tow, to take care of the options of the tuning without running the high octane fuel.
9. DAQ 1= 1/4mile times, 0-60 times **freebie download**
10. DAQ2= (advanced)=PID (Parameter Identifications) monitoring =monitor a select number of sensors to view for diagnostics.
11. DTC reader= (diagnostic trouble codes) check engine light comes on and you can use this feature to read and clear the check engine light.
This info is pretty much from Superchips website.
The programmer downloads new information to your vehicle’s computer, and stores the original information in case you ever want to go back.
The programer is set up to adjust all of the elements that affect vehicle power: air/fuel ratio, fuel injector flow rates and spark timing. In addition it can tune shift characteristics of an automatic transmission for maximum acceleration and a performance feel.
Póg mo thóin!