Ls swap troubles - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-15-2016, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Ls swap troubles

Calling all LS swap veterans! Finishing up my swap and I'm having can bus issues. No speedo,fuel gauge,air bag light, esp and traction lights, can't get my ac to run with JSS Prndl ac box (have it wired correctly). Also two U codes U1440 & U140E.
I worked my own harness with everything correct as far as I know. I'm checking all can bus lines for issues. I verified all interior can bus lines twisted wt/or & wt wires. No breaks or shorts.
I'm in the middle of checking twisted wt/lg & wt/lb. Just curious if this sounds more like I need to have the tipm flashed. Also no problems with fuel or speedo before swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-15-2016, 05:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Someone should be along shortly to get you squared away. You contacted JSS already?

Kevin
post #3 of 12 Old 05-15-2016, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I hope so this is getting tiresome! Yea I talked to him awhile back no luck. I've talked to Jon at RPM and his thoughts were tipm reprogram. I'm just trying to get a second opinion. I finished testing the fan bus and found no issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-15-2016, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Can bus*
post #5 of 12 Old 05-16-2016, 05:44 AM
Wheeler

What year LS are you swapping? I'm trying to collect all the info I can to put an '04 LS in my '07JKU.

'07 JKU, 37's, Long-armed, Gently Mistreated
post #6 of 12 Old 05-16-2016, 05:51 AM
JKowners Vendor

check the big cam lock connector at the frame rail under the right hand head light.

TIPM reflash won't fix all of those issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
post #7 of 12 Old 05-16-2016, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sholihsho View Post
What year LS are you swapping? I'm trying to collect all the info I can to put an '04 LS in my '07JKU.
First off take it from me don't use a gen3. The gen 4 is far superior and much easier to integrate into the jeep. You don't have to use the 6l80 with all gen 4 but it is the best choice. I'm using a ls2 with a 08 Pontiac g8 gt computer. You can ask me anything but I'm not the best for sure. Jon at RPM Extreme is the man to talk to. He was making wiring kits for the gen3.

Jon remember I have readings on all pids pertaining to everything on the c300 cam lock. Fuel and speed all show on my scanner? This is crazy lol I just want to enjoy it for crying out loud. I should have bought a harness! Lesson learned.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-17-2016, 06:59 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB07 View Post
First off take it from me don't use a gen3. The gen 4 is far superior and much easier to integrate into the jeep. You don't have to use the 6l80 with all gen 4 but it is the best choice. I'm using a ls2 with a 08 Pontiac g8 gt computer. You can ask me anything but I'm not the best for sure. Jon at RPM Extreme is the man to talk to. He was making wiring kits for the gen3.

Jon remember I have readings on all pids pertaining to everything on the c300 cam lock. Fuel and speed all show on my scanner? This is crazy lol I just want to enjoy it for crying out loud. I should have bought a harness! Lesson learned.
Can you look directly at the IPC cluster and read the correct data or are you looking at a different module to find this data? All the modules are on the bus and can see and use whatever data they want, If you have data at the ECM and TIPM and not at the IPC then you may have a canbus wiring issue to the IPC. Check and be sure you have can high and can low correct, polarity matters. But Im not exactly sure why you would have even cut into or modified the canbus.

post #9 of 12 Old 05-17-2016, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB07 View Post

Can you look directly at the IPC cluster and read the correct data or are you looking at a different module to find this data? All the modules are on the bus and can see and use whatever data they want, If you have data at the ECM and TIPM and not at the IPC then you may have a canbus wiring issue to the IPC. Check and be sure you have can high and can low correct, polarity matters. But Im not exactly sure why you would have even cut into or modified the canbus.
Yea I never cut any can bus. I also checked continuity of the interior can bus from the tipm to IPC with no faults. I'll check data on the IPC this afternoon and get back to ya.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-18-2016, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Ok Jon I checked out my data today. I found no mph pid on the cluster data I found a mph on the pcm engine data but it shows nothing while driving. I got data on abs module with mph perfect on all 4 sensors. Found a third code I must have missed the first time B222C configuration not programmed.

I did run into a crank sensor problem in the beginning and I had a second jk Pcm same year that I installed. It didn't help so I put it back in doner jk and found my bad signal wire. Wondering if that messed up communication with the tipm.

I think I'm going to take it to the dealer but they want me to drop it off and I'm not to excited about that. I had a bad Ls pcm when I first tried to start the jeep after the swap and I couldn't dial in my tach resolution before the tipm stopped doing one touch start. So when I take it to them they will flash and it will return to starter over run. Lol I know I'm a mess!!
post #11 of 12 Old 05-19-2016, 06:38 AM
JKowners Vendor

I have swapped PCMs several times and never had a long term issue. If one of the modules saw the wrong vin number it would report a code of some sort but should still function.

You should be able to read the vehicle speed in the PCM, IPC and TIPM as well as the ABS module. They all get the info on the canbus from the ABS module.

post #12 of 12 Old 06-26-2016, 08:39 AM

Any updates? Is the JSS PRNDL ac box required for the AC to work? My guy that installed 5.3 in my wifes jeep cant seem to get ac to work (among other things) and we really want it functional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode