Thoughts on 3" Zone Suspension Lift? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 06-30-2010, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thoughts on 3" Zone Suspension Lift?

I am getting mighty close to purchasing a lift kit for the Rubi. I had been leaning towards the 2 1/2" TerraFlex coil lift. Any one out there using the Zone llift? I can get a 3" for a DAMN good price, how are they? Any thoughts?

If you're gonna be fucking weird, own it.

~SoCo
______
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-30-2010, 11:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You get what you pay for. Zone springs are not well regarded for quality by most (lots of sagging stories with these and the Rough Country springs), but like with everything, some folks are happy with them - especially for the price. And on a positive note, they are USA made.

If you plan to wheel really hard, I would get the best you can afford, even if you have to save a little longer to do it.
post #3 of 14 Old 06-30-2010, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks for the input. What are your thoughts on the TeraFlex......seems as though they have been having some issues lately in regards to quality, customer satisfaction, etc.

If you're gonna be fucking weird, own it.

~SoCo
______

Last edited by bluerubicon08; 06-30-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 06-30-2010, 11:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Teraflex has excellent products, but it seems as if the company is changing customer priorities somewhat, away from the little guy. Good customer service starts with good people, and TF lost a good one on this board.

If you need to call TF, talk to Joe. He has been very good to me.

Check out Poly Performance and Rock Krawler. They also offer excellent products and have great support on this board.
post #5 of 14 Old 07-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Granite Guru

what about clayton 3.5" springs they are hi quality and they do not sag,they are designed to give you true 3.5"with heavy bumpers,tire carrier,bigger spare,
winch and so on.
post #6 of 14 Old 07-01-2010, 03:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Have you thought of contacting the guys over @ Rock Krawler Suspension
post #7 of 14 Old 07-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Granite Guru

i have been running the 4 inch zone lift on my 2dr for about 3 months now and the on road ride is great... better handling and a little stiffer than stock. i have had it offroad once and it did great. i have dealt with dave at zone a few times with questions and the purchase and would recommend him in a heartbeat. it also helped because this is a made in usa product and i try my best to buy usa products.

A.C.E.'D 2010 2 dr sport
Bestop Trektop NX
R.R. Mirror Relocation
A.C.E. Front Bumper W/ Stinger
A.C.E. Rock Rails
A.C.E. Steel Fenders
48" Hilift Xtreme W/ A.C.E. Hood Mount
A.C.E. Rear Bumper and tire carrier
Rock krawler 3.5 max travel mid arm
35 in mud grapplers on 20 in xd hoss
post #8 of 14 Old 07-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

We've installed the Zone 3" kit on a 2dr and it was a well fitting and complete kit. The price is nice, too! If you decide to go this route you should also purchase the $10 front cam locks. It is a plate kit that locks the caster as far back as it can get, and you won't have to worry with cam bolts spinning. I'd recommend this kit for anyone with a tight budget that wants a basic kit.
post #9 of 14 Old 07-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrain View Post
If you decide to go this route you should also purchase the $10 front cam locks. It is a plate kit that locks the caster as far back as it can get, and you won't have to worry with cam bolts spinning. I'd recommend this kit for anyone with a tight budget that wants a basic kit.
I had the 3" Zone lift. Its a good starter kit. I wheeled it pretty hard on the rocks a couple of times and it did great. Dave at Zone is cool as can be and good to work with.

I got the cam locks with my Zone lift, but never used them.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #10 of 14 Old 07-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Granite Guru

I have that lift and havent experienced any sag, even with the new front.

2007 Sahara Unlimited. Zone 3" lift. JKS adjustable front track bar, Fox steering stabalizer, Crown kevlar brake lines, MBRP grill guard w/PIAAs. pistol grip Hurst shifter. Spiderweb sun shade. Homemade "raingler" style rear and side nets. Flowmaster Super 40. Stock 17" wheels. 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. DVD/Nav head unit. MBRP stubby w/ mm winch. PJ stubby rear.
post #11 of 14 Old 07-03-2010, 02:54 PM

I bought the zone 4 inch lift and a treaflex 3 in lift.
I put the zone on and road it and didn't like it so I put the teraflex 3 in lift on along with a pair of rough country 2.5 Spacer lift. I got about 4 inches out of the teraflex on my 2 door and also have the spacers on it so I'm running close to 6.5 inches but I would go with the teraflex if you want to spend the extra money.
post #12 of 14 Old 07-03-2010, 03:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Teraflex has excellent products, but it seems as if the company is changing customer priorities somewhat, away from the little guy. Good customer service starts with good people, and TF lost a good one on this board.

If you need to call TF, talk to Joe. He has been very good to me.

Check out Poly Performance and Rock Krawler. They also offer excellent products and have great support on this board.
X500000 on Rock Krawler!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 14 Old 07-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Granite Guru

I purchased a 3" zone lift with a 1" body lift and within 2 weeks without 4 wheeling the springs in the rear were saging 2" , they said I got a bad pair of springs and sent me new ones , after 3,000 miles the bushings were getting sloppy on the shocks and they were getting rougher and rougher on the road, I now had only went offroad once. So like that guy said you get what you pay for !! I now have Bilstien shocks which I love, and the ride is smooth (what a difference) and Im still running the springs for now, I am saving up for a 4" Full Trackion long arm and my Bilstien shocks are 5" so the will work with the new lift when I can afford it Zone has good customer service, I will give them that, but if your looking for a smooth ride and can take it offroad and beat on it a little bit , Look else where !!

Tear It Up - Fix It - And Do It Again !!
post #14 of 14 Old 07-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Granite Guru

I don't think the get what you pay for always applys. Sounds more like a bad kit or maybe the one on my jeep was overpaid for and thats why it works and yours didn't.

2007 Sahara Unlimited. Zone 3" lift. JKS adjustable front track bar, Fox steering stabalizer, Crown kevlar brake lines, MBRP grill guard w/PIAAs. pistol grip Hurst shifter. Spiderweb sun shade. Homemade "raingler" style rear and side nets. Flowmaster Super 40. Stock 17" wheels. 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. DVD/Nav head unit. MBRP stubby w/ mm winch. PJ stubby rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode