Muffler Re-Locator - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-30-2010, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Muffler Re-Locator

I was looking into relocating my muffler, and was wondering which companies do this and what the cost is like? ... Pictures would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Easiest for me was simply to put on a smaller muffler than stock. In some cases, I guess that might not be feasible- wanting to enlarge the storage tub, etc....but for me, I just wanted to get it out of the way of rocks/ boulders.

My Flowmaster Hushpower II is still in the stock location now, but is completely hidden and not in the least vulnerable to damage.

If you relocate in-line, than a Cherry Bomb Glasspack or DynoMax Ultra-Flo SS might be worth looking into.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 10 Old 06-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Get an EVAP relocation and then get a local muffler shop to do the relocation of the exhaust. This is a cheap "turbo" with 2.5" aluminized pictured. It was $120 for complete exhaust out the door.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Rock God

Best kit on the market. The new exit pipe sits super high up.

www.aboveumall.com

Off-road.com
JK Project
Recession Cheap Cherokee
JK Project 2
post #5 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 06:30 AM
JKO Addict!

I used Woods (JeepSwag). Awesome kit, good price, high clearance (routed above the sway bar) and two tips.

http://jeepswag.com/jeepswagmuff/index.htm

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22153
post #6 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 08:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Bought a flow master 44 and went down to the muffler shot where they put installed in under the driver's side without using any kit. Removed the stock muffler and used the bent piece that goes over the axle as the exhaust tip so mine ends under the Jeep behind the rear axle. 90 for the muffler and 50 for the install.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Bought a flow master 44 and went down to the muffler shot where they put installed in under the driver's side without using any kit. Removed the stock muffler and used the bent piece that goes over the axle as the exhaust tip so mine ends under the Jeep behind the rear axle. 90 for the muffler and 50 for the install.
Allan, I also did this on JeepJK2, however, got a hand-me-down muffler from co4lo, cut the pipe myself and installed it with some clamps I had, all in about 30 minutes. Free. Free....and Free. Works great! I like the clean, finished look of the aboveumall exit pipe though. Pretty nice!

Off-road.com
JK Project
Recession Cheap Cherokee
JK Project 2
post #8 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBach View Post
Best kit on the market. The new exit pipe sits super high up.

www.aboveumall.com
what model magnaflow muffler do they use? I want to find a sound byte or video of the muffler on the JK. I don't want something loud.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project Blue Bruin Build-Up Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M416 Offroad Trailer Build:
post #9 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebruin View Post
what model magnaflow muffler do they use? I want to find a sound byte or video of the muffler on the JK. I don't want something loud.
Aboveumall is right over in Golden. You should go see Ed and he can give you a demo.

Off-road.com
JK Project
Recession Cheap Cherokee
JK Project 2
post #10 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 09:12 PM
JKO Addict!

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...118#post463118

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode