need some gear head help.. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-29-2010, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

need some gear head help..

im a welder not a gear head. Some questions i have

1. Got the polyp stage3 4.5" on 35nittos . 4door 08 unlimited with polyp high steer drag link. Driving down the road i go straight. but my wheel is not. to fix this i need to adjust the drag link correct? if so were do i want to adjust it from? adjust from were it used the stock end or poly end? or that does not matter?

2. ESP BAS light is on? whats to cause that and how do i get it off or fix that? also i noticed my esp kick in and caused me to die down while driving but that was only for a short time. what would be the fix ? or will that all be fixed when i take it in to get my tire alignment done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 PM
JKO Addict!

post #3 of 7 Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfrompittsburgh View Post
im a welder not a gear head. Some questions i have

1. Got the polyp stage3 4.5" on 35nittos . 4door 08 unlimited with polyp high steer drag link. Driving down the road i go straight. but my wheel is not. to fix this i need to adjust the drag link correct? if so were do i want to adjust it from? adjust from were it used the stock end or poly end? or that does not matter?

2. ESP BAS light is on? whats to cause that and how do i get it off or fix that? also i noticed my esp kick in and caused me to die down while driving but that was only for a short time. what would be the fix ? or will that all be fixed when i take it in to get my tire alignment done?

sorry. adjust the drag link to center the wheel. adjust from the middle, try to keep a good amount of thread engagement on both ends.

getting your wheel strait should get rid of the ESP light, the system is seeing that you are "turning" all the time.

do your own tire alignment. set the toe 1/8" or so and be done with it. Measure from a frame point to an axle point, do it in line and diagonal and make it all good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 PM
JKO Addict!

x2 do it yourself its not hard

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Google "jk drag link adjustment write up" and you'll find a site with the write up and pictures. But don't hang out there, the mods there suck

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 Old 06-30-2010, 08:00 AM
JKO Addict!

come up and i'll adjust it for ya or at least show you how. I'm right up near wexford in the north hills.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Rock God

did you get the instructions for the complete synergy kit or even just the drag link? This is all in there.

http://www.polyperformance.com/instr...INSTV2-web.pdf

You should adjust the end that attaches to the knuckle, the double adjuster.

This is the way I do it:

-drive it strait down the road and note what position the steering wheel is in, ie 1 o'clock, 10 0'clock what ever.

-Try to drive into your drive way or shop or what ever with the wheels strait and the steering wheel in what ever position it was in when the jeep was driving down the road strait.

-Adjust your draglink until the steering wheel is strait up at 12 o'clock.

Here is a tip to know what direction to adjust:

-When the wheels are strait, adjust the drag-link longer if the steering wheel needs to turn left or counter clockwise (for example, the steering wheel is at 2 o'clock)

-or-

-adjust the drag-link shorter if the steering wheel needs to turn right or clockwise (for example, the steering wheel is at 10 o'clock)

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode