TeraFlex Lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-02-2007, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

TeraFlex Lift

Yeah i am looking at this 2.5" Budget Boost with Shocks lift for my 4-door and i was wondering if anybody knows anything about these lifts. I just want my jeep to look good, because i hardly get off road. and i do a lot of commuting between home and school. And is it true that i can put 35's on it. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Hey welcome to the forum!

I honestly couldn't tell you. I know many lift kit suppliers are saying that a 2-2.5" lift will fit 35's. Personally I prefer a bit more room. However you said more for commuting and little off road so perhaps you would be ok. Problems with a little too large of a tire probably won't show up under normal street driving and easy off road as you won't be generally doing a lot of flexing of the wheel into the wheel wells. But this also depends on your comfort level with rubbing. I know many have 37's with 3-4" lifts and they don't complain.

Once your lift is installed take the JK down to the local tire shop and ask for a test fitting. Most shops will allow one or two tires (sometimes all 4) to be fitted to find out if they still drive ok. Just don't forget to drive it and turn some tight circles and circles under braking conditions.

Don't forget to post up some pics of your new ride. We all want to see.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Granite Guru

Hey Athlon glad to see you over here at JK Owners!

It is true that a 2.5" BB will fit 35s without any issues. You will not even need a body lift. For your purposes I think this will be a great set up, but if you are looking for a little more room to flex a 3" may be a better choice. Also check out the 2.5" suspension lifts from skyjacker. There are a couple people around running this set up around with a 3/4" leveling spacer and the stance looks great. If you decide to go this route you may need to get an adjustable rear track bar because there have been some issues with this lift tearing the mount off the axle tube!

-Living Still
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-03-2007, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I think this will be the best set up for my jeep. I am gonna run 33-35 AT with factory rims, but i don't know what i want or what would be good. I use to run 32" buckshots on my xterra. Also I am thinking of having a winch and winch bumper on front, because I live in the south GA, and it is very easy to get stuck in the red clay. Anyways about the winch bumper and winch, would that lift support that weight or would i have to get some better Torsion Bars.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Granite Guru

Nah I think they will hold up to the added wait. Just throw on that lift and post up some pics for us . If you are in the market for an AT I have heard good reviews about both the Toyo and Procomp Xtreme. If you are even considering an MT you may want to wait around for the release of the new Bfgoodrich MT which is supposed to be July/August. They have a similar tread pattern to the Krawler, but more ride friendly. Hopefully they won't be too costly!

-Living Still
post #6 of 9 Old 08-09-2010, 05:19 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
It will work great

We just put this lift on my friends 4 door with 35's and it looks and works great. I'm getting ready to do the same thing to my 2 door. I hope you have better luck picking out tires than I am. Too many to choose from.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-09-2010, 05:35 AM
JKO Addict!

I have a teraflex Budget Boost with shocks. Its been on the jeep for about 3 years now. You will be happy with the lift.

Here are some things to consider though -

You will need wheels with atleast 4.5" backspacing or you will need wheel spacers.

Not sure what you know about tires, but if you go 35's check the load rating.

Think about gears - You might want to consider changing gears. You can get by with 4.10's, but it might drive you nuts if you live in the hills/mountains.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-09-2010, 05:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Hey,
I have this same lift. I installed it myself on my 4 dr Rubicon.. Never had one issue with it. I'm pulling it off next week to install my new Rock Krawler Coil Over lift.. So I'll be looking to get rid of this one.

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-09-2010, 07:44 AM
JKO Addict!

is this the kit you're looking at?

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...72&partID=4036

if it is, that's a lot for a BB. TF makes good stuff dont' get me wrong, but for almost the same $ you could go with:

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...ry_Code=JKKITS

and you get springs instead of spacers, and you get track bars instead of track bar relocation brackets!

the other thing is you know it'll sit level. If your jeep now has the typical "ass high" stance, it will stay the same with any BB (thinkmud had to run an extra 1" in the front of his TF BB to clear 35's because of the ass high stance).

TF makes a good product, i'm just a fan of springs more than spacers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode