4" Rough Country lift with spring cups ? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-29-2010, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

4" Rough Country lift with spring cups ?

i just installed a rough country 4" lift with 1.75" cups front and rear. will that be a problem? the exhaust is very close to the front drive shaft ( rubber boot). i put the cups in because of the front bumper with winch and rear tire carrier, has any one had a problem with that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-29-2010, 10:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Cups?
I assume you mean spacers.

If so then it should be fine, but thats a lot of lift. You will need control arms and all the other stuff to go with that much lift.......

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #3 of 6 Old 06-29-2010, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yes, its a complete kit front/rear upper and lower control arms. on my TJ the bumper and winch lower the front down a inch or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Rock God

You will need shocks, brake lines, driveshafts, steering correction, rear coil spring correction, swaybar links, and trackbar relocation sufficient for a 5.75" lift.

If you don't:
  • Your shocks will top out frequently offroad, and you may break the rear bar pins.
  • Your brake lines and ABS lines will be damaged/ripped out if they are too short.
  • Your front stock driveshaft boot will rip off on your exhaust and the joints will fail due to steep angles.
  • Your rear stock driveshaft joints will fail due to steep angles.
  • You will have steering issues with an approximate 6" lift without a steering correction kit.
  • Your rear coil springs will bow back and come into contact with your rear trackbar and/or frame side trackbar bracket.
  • Without rear spring retainers, your springs will become unseated from the lower perches, and you can lose a spring while offroading.
  • Your swaybar links will be too short, and if you have a Rubi, your front swaybar links will invert forward and wrap around your steering components when offroading.
  • Unless your trackbars and trackbar brackets have sufficient geometry to handle almost 6", your axles will be off center and you will have ESP issues and tire/wheel/swaybar/swaybar link/brakeline clearance issues.
  • Etc., etc.

Unless you are running 40s, why would you want a 6" lift anyway?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 Old 06-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Rock God

is that the new x series lift with flex joints? how do you like it? did you try it with out the pucks. i was wondering how much lift you got with the bumper winch. if you have a 2 door you need a new drive shaft. hell with the pucks and 4" lift you probably need new shafts with a four door.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-29-2010, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

its the "x" series kit complete with front track bar, SS brake lines, heim joints on the control arms, shocks etc.... i think i might need to get the rear spring clips( to hold the springs in). i had 2.5 spring cups on it before with 33" 11.5"s on a 9" wheel and i rubbed when i got the jeep crossed up on the trail. i'm getting my bumpers maded with a winch and tire carrier for the rear so the springs will drop from the weight. it did on my TJ. i got it aligned today and the esp light went off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode