River Raider Snorkel - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-27-2010, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to jsebastian
Post River Raider Snorkel

So the trigger was finally pulled on a River Raider Snorkel that I've been wanting. The plan is to do the install myself. This would be my first real mod. Anyone have any advice, tips, lessons learned, or other words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsebastian View Post
So the trigger was finally pulled on a River Raider Snorkel that I've been wanting. The plan is to do the install myself. This would be my first real mod. Anyone have any advice, tips, lessons learned, or other words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance.
Its actually really simple install, I did mine over 2 yrs ago. Here is write up with some pics though.
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18905

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...der%20snorkel/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #3 of 8 Old 06-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Rock God

Just follow the directions very easy step by step! I did change the way my hoses hook up to the box due to how much water we run in Florida and how hard our rain is! As you can see used all the same parts just the snorkel air in is on the bottom of the box not the top!I never have had water in my air box!! I have had my RR for about 3 years now!! Love it!

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-28-2010, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Looks pretty simple, especially with the pictures as a guide. I do like the idea of putting the air on the bottom. I will snap a before and after pic and let you guys know how it goes.

John

post #5 of 8 Old 07-25-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

It took a while to get here, but finally got it on Friday and got to installing it Saturday. It took me a good part of the day, but I am pretty happy with the results. I just ordered some touch up paint so I can go over the exposed metal on the holes I drilled. So I'll have to take it apart again, paint, and reinstall. Thanks for all the help!

Left my light on the fuse box cover and it melted right through it. I put some silicone on it for the time being, until my replacement cover arrives.
Attached Images

John

post #6 of 8 Old 07-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Granite Guru

Installed same snorkel last night. Now I am puzzled where to mount antenna.

Also, I could not figure out how to mount the snorkel "mesh" piece that supposed to be in the snorkel head? It just too small to stay in.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayArea View Post
Installed same snorkel last night. Now I am puzzled where to mount antenna.

Also, I could not figure out how to mount the snorkel "mesh" piece that supposed to be in the snorkel head? It just too small to stay in.
I used a fat ring of silicone, and a little bending of the tabs. Never had any problems after that.

post #8 of 8 Old 07-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
I used a fat ring of silicone, and a little bending of the tabs. Never had any problems after that.
Cool, that is just what I thought as well, silicon the heck out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode