Teraflex BB says wheels must have 4.5" backspacing or less - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-27-2010, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Teraflex BB says wheels must have 4.5" backspacing or less

I'm condsidering the 2.5 BB but my wheels have 5.71 backspacing....I have no rubbing at all though with my 285/70/17's.....would I have to have wheel spacers? or would the BB work okay without spacers since they don't rub now?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-27-2010, 07:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loanwolf2005 View Post
I'm condsidering the 2.5 BB but my wheels have 5.71 backspacing....I have no rubbing at all though with my 285/70/17's.....would I have to have wheel spacers? or would the BB work okay without spacers since they don't rub now?

Thanks
No you would not. TF says that because most people who use the BB tend to put on larger tires (i.e. 12.50 wide). If you have no rubbing now then you should be fine. Just keep an eye on the swaybar links in the rear and make sure they dont contact your wheel/tire.

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

Thanks
I found that when I was running the TF BB that my rear sway bars links came in contact with my rims. So I just ran without them until I got spacers for the wheels

aka- Brian
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08' JKU on 38's... parted out and SOLD
13' JKU Rubi... On HOLD, 04' LJ to suppliment
Rise and Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-27-2010, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thank yall. Are spacers ok to run at highway speed for extended periods? dont have any exxperience with them. But it might look a little better with the tires out another inch or so.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-27-2010, 10:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Thank yall. Are spacers ok to run at highway speed for extended periods? dont have any exxperience with them. But it might look a little better with the tires out another inch or so.
If you get a quality set like spidertrax or teraflex, they are no more dangerous than a wheel with the equivelent backspace. Just make sure you install them correctly. I put over 10k miles on mine before I bought new wheels. I know a guy that has over 40k miles on his 1.5" spacers with no issues and lots of hard wheeling.

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rubicon View Post
If you get a quality set like spidertrax or teraflex, they are no more dangerous than a wheel with the equivelent backspace. Just make sure you install them correctly. I put over 10k miles on mine before I bought new wheels. I know a guy that has over 40k miles on his 1.5" spacers with no issues and lots of hard wheeling.
x2 get a quality bolt on set

aka- Brian

08' JKU on 38's... parted out and SOLD
13' JKU Rubi... On HOLD, 04' LJ to suppliment
Rise and Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode