My purdy new turdy - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
My purdy new turdy

Well, I finally got my jeep back out of the shop. It's been a long time coming. After I trashed my Dana 30, rather than go ProRock or whatever, I decided since the tubes and housing were in good shape, that I'd just beef it up a bit. While I was at it, might as well regear too, right?

So, after much time collecting the parts I finally sent her off to get it all installed, and holy hell am I happy. I drove it in with a gutted front 30, riding on stub shafts and unit bearings.

Drove it home with new 4.88's, Offroad Evolution sleeves/c2 gussets/lca skids, BDS trackbar mount gusset, RCV shafts and finally reinstalled my Woods front shaft. I have yet to pretty it all up with a rattle can, but, here are the "just home" shots. I'll update over the weekend once it has been cleaned and painted.

I am still amazed at how much different the 4.88's feel compared to my old 3.21's. People don't lie when they say it makes a world of difference. Thanks to all of you on here for providing the reading material to help me make informed decisions. And thanks to JoePile for the carrier and Evo stuff.

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 06-24-2010, 04:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That is one purdy turdy!
post #3 of 21 Old 06-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Thankfully, this is exactly what I thought it would be. Whew!

Really looks nice. Lovin' the RCV's, Very smart build.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 06-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Looks great. I'm saving up for the RCVs.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 21 Old 06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Nice! Now I want to do this.
post #6 of 21 Old 06-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Rock God

Garage

ANYTIME MAN!!!!!

can wait till we both get on the trail

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

post #7 of 21 Old 06-26-2010, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Just painted the axle and gussets this morning. It's looking much nicer than the above shots. I will try to get a "finished" shot up sometime today.

Once the gears are broken in, I will be up for heading out somewhere to test 'er out.

Jersey
Crew
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
post #8 of 21 Old 06-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Rock God

Paint or not... Thats awesome.

I just keep telling myself, some day... some day.
post #9 of 21 Old 06-26-2010, 06:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looking good MR.T, nice build
post #10 of 21 Old 06-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Rock God

Tom, that's awesome brotha! So when you doin the rear

"I'm just a big hairy American winnin' machine" - Ricky Bobby
post #11 of 21 Old 06-27-2010, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfish View Post
Tom, that's awesome brotha! So when you doin the rear
Thanks all!

Joe, Uhhhh not for a verrrry long time. When it blows up like the front did most likely.

I need to post a new pic. Got the axle, c's and even my calipers painted. Looking nice. I'll get one up un the morning.

Jersey
Crew
post #12 of 21 Old 06-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Granite Guru

Very Nice. Also saving for the RCV's. Awaiting the finished pics. Grats

2009 JK Rubicon:
post #13 of 21 Old 06-28-2010, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I will have to take some shots with a decent camera later, but, snapped a couple shots on my cell of the finished product.

Jersey
Crew
post #14 of 21 Old 06-28-2010, 12:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks awesome. Did you just mask and spray bomb it?

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #15 of 21 Old 06-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Rock God

Garage

damn thats shiney

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

post #16 of 21 Old 06-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Granite Guru

Nice I came real close to going that route but with the tire size I want to run and the way I wheel I figured going with a d44 was a better bet.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
post #17 of 21 Old 06-28-2010, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Looks awesome. Did you just mask and spray bomb it?
Thanks GK. Pretty much. Stuffed rags in the C to wrap around the RCV's, pulled the wheels, brakes and rotors, hosed it down with brake cleaner, and went to town with some high heat engine enamel. Did the axle and all of the new stuff, the knuckles, calipers, etc. Was going to use the flat black grill paint, but, didn't like how it looked after a few months, after the rear was done and wheeled, it didn't clean up well. Will most likely take the ass end apart this weekend and repeat the process. Hell, I might clean up the frame rails too.

I even managed to fix my parking brake while I was under there this past weekend. Feels good to finally have a parking brake after 2 years of not being able to hold my spot on a 1 degree slope.

Jersey
Crew
post #18 of 21 Old 06-28-2010, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgkjeep View Post
Nice I came real close to going that route but with the tire size I want to run and the way I wheel I figured going with a d44 was a better bet.
What size are you planning on running? I figured with the sleeves/gussets/rcv's that I'd be safe to kick it up to 37's if I wanted to. I'd actually put my 30 up against a 44 at this point. I think I'd give a 44 a run for it's money... especially if I end up trussing it.

Jersey
Crew
post #19 of 21 Old 06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Granite Guru

I'm going to run 37's maybe 38's.

Prorock d44 with RCV shafts etcetc.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
post #20 of 21 Old 07-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Granite Guru

can someone tell me what the orange things are and what they do? thanks

A.C.E.'D 2010 2 dr sport
Bestop Trektop NX
R.R. Mirror Relocation
A.C.E. Front Bumper W/ Stinger
A.C.E. Rock Rails
A.C.E. Steel Fenders
48" Hilift Xtreme W/ A.C.E. Hood Mount
A.C.E. Rear Bumper and tire carrier
Rock krawler 3.5 max travel mid arm
35 in mud grapplers on 20 in xd hoss
post #21 of 21 Old 07-09-2010, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

The orange pluger-looking things are dust covers for the RCV shafts. Basically, I got stronger axle shafts that run a cv joint instead of the standard.

Here is the link to the manufacturer's web page that explains what is underneath that orange cover...

Jersey
Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode