JKOwners Forum banner

Warrior Corner Guards

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  bodybrdng 
#1 ·
I have finally decided that I am going to go with the Warrior 12 gauge steel corner guards. Any suggestions or recommendation before installing? Also heard that there is a gap between the plate and body. This true? I could not find a picture to verify this.

#4 ·
If installed properly, the gap is minimal. Every install we've done you couldn't get your pinky in the bottom corner where the only real gap is at. The buffer space around the tail light is there so the taillight can be taken on and off without issue.

This is about as good as it gets for a fairly low dollar corner armor that's punched flat and brake formed. The next step is a stamped steel piece. I think the AEV stuff is stamped if you prefer that route, but the price tag is significantly more.

12 gauge is slightly thinner than 1/8" ...by about 20 thousandths.

#6 ·
The one in the pic above is different than the ones I have seen installed. I was looking at the LED corners, and those have a big noticeable gap at the top. So my bad, I didn't know that the OP was looking at that style.

When I upgrade to corner armor soon, I don't want the stock lights. Anything that actually hits that corner is going to break the light too; I know, Ive been through two sets!

#7 · (Edited)
Sorry I forgot to mention that I am going with the factory tail light cut out style. I am buying these due to the Garvin rack mounts to the body back there.

Jason@Warrior: Would I be better to go with the Diamond Plate or the Steel for extra support for the roof rack?

Now if someone has a great deal around $130-$150 for the LED corner guards with the LED's then I will go that route. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.