JKOwners Forum banner

The Family Toy Progress/ Build Page

31K views 144 replies 21 participants last post by  Will Scarlet 
#1 ·
So coming from the desert racing life, I am new to the Jeep life and am excited to be apart of it. Racing in the desert is something only my copilot and I can truly enjoy to make sense as to why it costs so much $$$! After coming to terms with the idea my 1450 class truck was never going to get finished with its rebuild after a shop fire, I decided to part out everything I could. I was able to pick up a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon that needed some work but nothing I can't handle. I am excited to have a toy my wife, son and child on the way can now enjoy as well as myself!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
We'll have got all the new Moog steering arms and ball joints and replaced the worn out steering stabilizer. Also replaced both wheel hubs with Timikn hubs and since I was under there, I went ahead and added a Taraflex 1" leveling kit. Finally replaced all the brake pads with Power Stop Z17 pads. The ride feels great and I no longer have the death wobble! I picked up a set of 2015 rubicon wheels and tires new for cheaper then buying just tiers and it's like a hole new JK! Lol I just need to figure out how to post pics now.

#9 ·
Was able to get out with some guys from the base and do some wheeling this weekend. I am extremely happy with everything! The jeep ran great and I was able to keep up with the lifted guys with no problem. Granted we didn't hit any major obstacles but still feel pretty satisfied with how well the JKUR handles. Here are some pics of the trip.

#13 ·
Got some time to do my bumper mod yesterday. Also swapped out my old headlights with a set I picked up off another guys 2013 JK.

Did a little fix to one of the headlight adjustment screws. Washer on each side and a lock nut on the back.

The fenders and rear bumper where painted with a undercoating spry paint so I just did the same to the front so it all matches.

Final product with the VDP bumper caps

#21 ·
Got a chance to add a few mods to the jeep. Mounted my hi lift Jack, daystar hood latch mod, replaced my stock cup holder (never had one), and rear seat recline kit to help place my sons new Recaro car seat at the right angles. Then a while back I picked up a Mishimoto aluminum radiator and Riddler diff cover off creagslist.

#22 ·
Been a few months without posting any updates but I have been able to do a few things.

To start l, I went all out and picked up someVisionX Vortex headlights. I got a great deal on them fromone of the off road shops that used to sponsor my 1450 truck. The best part is I can run the high beam and low beam together.

Picked up a Currie Antirock front sway bar off a guy for trade of my E disco. Was able to use my Taraflex links until I get a lift.

Little naberhood flex test

Used Jeep Speed Shop brackets to mount my Trans oil cooler.

And lastly did the locker mods, ESS kill switch, and wired my headlight halos and rear dust light all to switchs using OTRATTW switchs and Daystar dash panel.

#25 ·
One of the few things I kept from my old race truck was this set of 17" Method beadlocks. Still new just need to get them in to get powder coated for the new color scheme on the Jeep. I will need wheel adaptors because they are 5on5.5 but plan on 37" tires so adaptors will help the 4.5" back spacing as well.

#29 · (Edited)
Has been a while with no updates but lots have been going on in the personal life. New job and move to a new city. But I'm enjoying it and excited to get out exploring.

Something I was able to get done is finally installed my Mishimoto Radiator. Pretty easy and straight forward instal. They have a good you tube video for instructions. Did a full flush of the old radiator too prior to removing it so now has new hoses T-stat and fluid throughout. Man this thin can disparate some heat! Good thing too because I'm going to need the cooling power here in Yuma!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.