Coil Springs
Brake Line Brackets
Cam Bolts
Rear Track Bar Bracket
Shocks
Sway Bar Links
Bump Stops
Front Driveshaft

I have a steal bumper with hoop and a winch and would like to level and then add an inch (ie. 1 3/4" or whatever it takes up front and 1" in rear).

I've been looking at spacers and just replacing the coils. I like the idea behind metal cloak's true dual rate springs but am wondering if I will really see the difference between them and my correct rate 2" springs under spacers.

It seems like the spacers would act just like the compressed road coils and still add tension at full flex (not having coil issues now).

since the metal cloak coils fully compress on flat ground, would they allow any more upward travel than my coils under spacers?

Is there anything I'm not seeing here? (besides the "don't use spacers because, well because" arguments)

My fox 2.0 shocks are good to 3.5" of lift and I have all of the supporting mods for 3.5" minus adjustable trackbar. I don't want to lose on road stability but do want more off road clearance as I stuff the chit out of my 35's.

I do plan on flipping my drag link, track bar, steering stabilizer and going adjustable in the future. Is there anything else I would need to do for reliability and performance?

Anyone know of a good bolt on high steer kit that would take care of all that?

Thank you in advance for your time.

15' White JKU- 2" lift, 35" tires, Gibson MM exhaust, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-22-2015, 12:45 AM
Granite Guru

Your kind of answering your own questions really. Sounds like you understand the basics as far as the coils and spacers.

As far as the Mopar 2in lift. I sell them and install them. You should not change anything. It was engineered the way it is for a reason, so it will not void your warranty with Chrysler. The 2in Jeep Performance Parts lift raises the front end 4in and the rear 2in. It was made to sit level with a bumper and winch.

If you feel you want High steer the best thing would be the AEV Highsteer kit. I doubt a dealer would even notice it, they look very OEM.

My advice is to figure out what kind of wheeling your going to do and make a plan. Mud, Rocks, Overlanding, Mostly street, Baja, or etc...

Heres a couple we did at the shop with the same lift you have. I rides like stock, for 95% of people its perfect to run 35in and stock flares or 37in with flat flares.

Stock with 2in Jeep lift only. This jeep has been all over the country wheeling hard in stock form before the lift. Check out the gnarly rock rash. Your much better off investing in a good skid plate like this RockHard version, over spacers or different springs.

This is RhinoLiner on the entire JK and 10A hood and Genright fenders and 35in rubber. This Jeep owner isn't as hard offroad but he has a RIPP supercharger to make it more interesting on the street...

Last edited by Stangbuster; 08-22-2015 at 12:59 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-27-2015, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I feel like those jeeps are more leveled than mine is. I measured height to two fixed spots on mine and my friend's bone stock JKU and it was 4" on the money front and back. 2" of lift and 2" of tire.

15' White JKU- 2" lift, 35" tires, Gibson MM exhaust, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode