of these two lift options , your opinions are sought... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
of these two lift options , your opinions are sought...

...uncharacteristically , I'll be succinct and brief; I have a friend that is building his first Jeep (2012 JKUR ) & we have a friendship established after he bought my 35" Cooper STTs a few months back .
He has saved money since that time & sits w/ approx $3k he is going to be using to buy his first lift for it & wants an all-in-one solution that maximizes his investmen.
He has his mind set upon two candidates (of which I told him which I would choose ) & I told him that I could get some valuable feedback from my fellow JKO forum members that might assist him in his decision.
If you guys had only 3,000 and had to choose between th following two options , which would you go with ?

(1)http://www.northridge4x4.com/rock-kr...e-2-jk35xf-4s2

(2)http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Wrangle...tem-p/7118.htm

again , not my decision or choices but wanna help the kid optimize his purchase that he worked very hard to save for . Vendors , feel free to chime in and thanks to any that provide info ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 05:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Oh boy lol ... Two heavy hitters. Youre going to get arguments for both.
My only experience is with RK, so they got my vote.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #3 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Rock God

Metalcloak has my vote. Love their joint design. Run their joints on my long arm. Gained better ride and handling

My build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 07:47 PM
Granite Guru

My vote is for the Metalcloak too, because we have the full Game Changer one and love it. The Rock Krawler one is good too, but if it was me and took that one, I will opt for the fox shocks.
post #5 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Rock God

Between the 2 listed, Metalcloak.

Another one worth considering...

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Je...l#.VdaEpmzH9Ms
post #6 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Granite Guru

Metalcloak with the ARB/OME shocks has my vote.

To OP:
Maybe you already know but wanted to throw it out there that you can make a poll so people can just click 1 or 2. Edit the orignal post and try.
post #7 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Oh boy lol ... Two heavy hitters. Youre going to get arguments for both.
My only experience is with RK, so they got my vote.
I knew what kinda question I was presenting. Honestly, I cannot say a bad thing about either lift...if it helps, he daily drives it and wants it to last but wheel hard on the once or twice per month he gets to do so.
Thanks ,
I will keep a tabs on this & update...I guess he may not have tough enough skin for JKO yet, he was a little apprehensive when I said "c`mon , join-up & ask yourself..."....lol....are we all a buncha mean f*ckers ?
haha

post #8 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SLADE- View Post
Between the 2 listed, Metalcloak.

Another one worth considering...

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Je...l#.VdaEpmzH9Ms
Well, I wasn`t gonna bring it up, but you nailed what I told him, SLADE.....

post #9 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 09:02 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Fuck that, first Jeep, he needs to get a puck lift like everyone else, wheel for a while, and then graduate to a lift that nice. Fuckin fancy pants!

I'd go RK, personally because those RRD shocks can be rebuilt and will work better than the OME yawn factor shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #10 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Granite Guru

MetalCloak but with the fox shocks.
post #11 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Fuck that, first Jeep, he needs to get a puck lift like everyone else, wheel for a while, and then graduate to a lift that nice. Fuckin fancy pants!

I'd go RK, personally because those RRD shocks can be rebuilt and will work better than the OME yawn factor shocks.
Rock & Roll, JKCATZ....

post #12 of 48 Old 08-20-2015, 10:11 PM
JKO Addict!

$50-$60 per shock rebuild on the RK shocks too BONUS.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #13 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 12:33 AM

Well I bit the bullet and joined! Thanks for all the replys so far! Looking forward to more opinions! And btw I already have the puck lift. It sucks? and thanks J3ff3ry_jeep for starting this!
post #14 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 03:53 AM
Rock God

Garage

The RK is more bang for the buck. Those shocks would be really awesome. And consider this... quality shocks are more important for ride than springs.

I can only comment on the RK truly as well, because it's what I run. Although a close buddy of mine has a complete set of MC arms on his jeep... they are superb. But RK's new joint looks really nice, too...

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #15 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman1107 View Post
Well I bit the bullet and joined! Thanks for all the replys so far! Looking forward to more opinions! And btw I already have the puck lift. It sucks? and thanks J3ff3ry_jeep for starting this!
here's my boy! Be nice , guys ; Matt's cool and lookin for your expertise here....(welcome to JKO, bud!)

post #16 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 04:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Welcome Matt

post #17 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 04:42 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Welcome Matt.

I'd go RK. Are the remote resi shocks necessary? I'd opt for a less expensive shock and do a high steer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #18 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 07:12 AM
Wheeler

I'd go with the Metalcloak. I really like their control arms, I have a full set on my Jeep and I think the OME shocks ride great--I also run those.

No experience with the RK stuff.
post #19 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 07:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Door View Post
The RK is more bang for the buck. Those shocks would be really awesome. And consider this... quality shocks are more important for ride than springs.

I can only comment on the RK truly as well, because it's what I run. Although a close buddy of mine has a complete set of MC arms on his jeep... they are superb. But RK's new joint looks really nice, too...
Please explain how the RK is more bang for the buck being $500 more.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #20 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 08:25 AM
Rock God

MC looks more complete (bumpstops) and is cheaper.
post #21 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 08:30 AM
JKowners Vendor

I agree with ASSFROW. LOL...

Both are great setups. What are the plans for the Jeep? If he is not going to be doing high speed runs through the whoops or something like that, I would rather drop down to the Stage 1 on the RK and go with a High Steer setup.

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #22 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 08:48 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Please explain how the RK is more bang for the buck being $500 more.
It's the shocks. Those shocks retail for 300 per shock, so x4 is 1200 bucks. Those shocks are able to be rebuilt and revalved, which, at this level of suspension, would be a great asset. Suspension could be fine tuned. Those OME shocks are OK, but it's a take what you get situation with them.

The RK one is complete, scroll down and it lists 3" bump stops. So that's a wash.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #23 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 08:55 AM
JKO Addict!

The stage 1/2 kits are complete with stops.

post #24 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 09:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Don't forget a front driveshaft or exhaust spacers will be needed.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #25 of 48 Old 08-21-2015, 10:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Teraflex now has a higher angle Rzeppa rebuild kit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode