6l80e Alignment Issue w/Shift Gate - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-14-2015, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

6l80e Alignment Issue w/Shift Gate

Has anyone experienced an issue with the 6l80 shifter being slightly off when swapped into a 2011+ JKU? One I'm looking at buying has the MoTech kit used for a 6.2/6l80 swap and the shifter is off about an inch from what it was stock. Not a huge issue but more of an annoyance. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-16-2015, 08:24 AM
jss
Rock God

The shifter from 2007-2011 work out well, the 2012-2015 shifter i think does not work out has well. But it does work, it is off a little.

I have a 2008 Jeep JK and i have a 2011 shifter and it works great, i had a 2012 shifter and i did not like it has much. I like the Tap Shift on the shifter handle, just my opinion.

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154
post #3 of 10 Old 08-17-2015, 06:43 AM
JKowners Vendor

It should match up except for maybe first gear.

The motech shifter bracket is adjustable and you should be able to get all the ranges to match up except it may be difficult to pull it down all the way to manual 1st gear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 08-18-2015, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Shifter is from a 2011 as the swap was done on a 2011 JKU Rubicon. It's more something you can feel than see visually, that the shifter goes past where it would normally when shifting down from Park. The shop tried to adjust it several times as it's a MoTech kit but this was as good as they could get it.

Does it matter that it doesn't have the cruise kit add on?
post #5 of 10 Old 08-18-2015, 06:59 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzjeep View Post
Shifter is from a 2011 as the swap was done on a 2011 JKU Rubicon. It's more something you can feel than see visually, that the shifter goes past where it would normally when shifting down from Park. The shop tried to adjust it several times as it's a MoTech kit but this was as good as they could get it.

Does it matter that it doesn't have the cruise kit add on?
cruise wouldn't matter. you should be able to get it dead on if it was installed correctly.

post #6 of 10 Old 08-18-2015, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The shop said that the additional length of the 6l80 when compared to the jeep transmission was the reason behind the shifter feeling slightly off. They tried to adjust it several times but it's still not spot on. Sounds like something may have been installed incorrectly?
post #7 of 10 Old 08-18-2015, 11:02 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzjeep View Post
The shop said that the additional length of the 6l80 when compared to the jeep transmission was the reason behind the shifter feeling slightly off. They tried to adjust it several times but it's still not spot on. Sounds like something may have been installed incorrectly?
The motech shifter bracket should have came with a new shifter arm to bolt to the trans. I think its slightly shorter or longer and helps make it match up.

post #8 of 10 Old 08-18-2015, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah they said they installed the shifter arm...but when they tried to adjust it where it was supposed to be, they couldn't get it to shift into Park.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-18-2015, 04:54 PM
JKowners Vendor

Have you tried calling Motec................................

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

post #10 of 10 Old 08-18-2015, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Not yet…I probably should though….I just didn't want to be a bother.

Last edited by rayzjeep; 08-18-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode