anyone heard of overkill motorsports? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-04-2015, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

anyone heard of overkill motorsports?

anyone heard of overkill motorsports?

they seem to have a few mods for the pentastar. curious to know if anyone has tried their tunes on a JK.

http://www.getoverkilled.ca/pentastar.html

I am most interested in their tune over what you get in the trinity. appreciate any feedback.

interesting bit on the lower manifold. i suppose one could pull that and take out the ridges yourself if you don't want to pay them to do it on a new manifold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Wheeler

How she going eh? I am intrigued as well, but it sounds like a small operation that may not have full support. I don't want to be someone's guinea pig for full price on my daily crawler.

LoD front Ace Engineering rear Xenon fenders Rockhard skids EVO Rockstars Mickey Thompson Classic Beadlocks Goodyear Fierce Attitudes Spending as fast I can!
post #3 of 3 Old 08-04-2015, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Will has been pretty responsive and if you buy the software or the tuner from him, you can go back to those companies for support. Just go to him on support for his tune and modified parts. On the software and tuner, you pay retail plus another hun for his tune, which he will adapt to your car if you want to rent the analyzer thingy to rig on your vehicle and connect to the trinity. I like how he is dedicated to pentastar -specific mods.

At the end of the day, I think just the tune might be good for us anyway @$100 (assuming you already have a tuner like I do). I found someone ona challenger board who documented the affects of each piece by measuring 0-60 time with the trinity and just cleaning up the casting ridges in the lower intake and just the larger (viper?) throttle body as well as both mods together. He did multiple runs for each thing and all showed improvement over stock in terms of 0-60 times and what he claimed to feel in terms of improved pull at the top of the RPM range. He also observed and stated that the low end torque seemed to suffer a little with either or both mods. No reason to change things up here on a jeep.

With the tunes, he claims to be doing a lot more over a broader range of the RPM band than what comes canned in the diablosport. He also has an E85 tune (which I have read ends up running like a 93 tune) included if you want to run that - an intriguing option but sadly not to many vendors around here.

He says that he can do custom FI tunes as well since folks like edelbrock will openly tell you that they have likely left more hp on the table with their conservative tune. You would have to rent his analyzer thingamajigy and rig it up to the car and diablosport trinity.

edit: using the $650 software that he has and sells along with the analyzer readings, he says that he can very close to a dyno tune.

Last edited by White13JKUR; 08-04-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode