Would this work? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-09-2015, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Would this work?

If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.

I am looking into purchasing a wrecked ram 3500 which has the 6.4l hemi in it. Before i do, i had a couple of questions

My first question, is will this engine work for an engine swap? I have seen the 6.4l pulled out of the cars, and am assuming it is the same engine.

Second question, is will the transmission it has work or does it have to be the 545rfe for the swap.

Third question is, will the axles work for a one ton swap. I dont think there are any kits for these, so that would have to be made, but other than that would they work.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-10-2015, 07:48 AM
JKO Addict!

That sounds like an awfully expensive wreck since the 6.4 was only available in 2014+ models (correct me if I am wrong)

There isnt a kit out there that uses the 66/68 rfe but the engine should work. You might have to change a few accessories though. Best to ask the company whose kit you decide to go with.

As for axles, no one makes a swap kit for those but since Dodge sensors work with ford unit bearings, I bet it wouldnt be awfully hard to get things to play together.

With all that said, if I was spending money on a wrecked 2014+ that had coil sprung suspension and all these goodies, I would say F trying to put everything in the JK and instead try to put the JK on top of the Ram ala the UA JK several years back. That would be BADASS!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-10-2015, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the info. I was actually thinking that putting a jku body on the 3500 would be cool also. The reason i ask is i saw a 3500 with a hemi, single cab dually go for 6.5k at an auction not too long ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post

With all that said, if I was spending money on a wrecked 2014+ that had coil sprung suspension and all these goodies, I would say F trying to put everything in the JK and instead try to put the JK on top of the Ram ala the UA JK several years back. That would be BADASS!
Beat me to it. I think you would be way ahead just trying to swap the JK body on.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Rock God

Garage

Assuming the frame wasnt tweaked... There's a reason that a 2014 heavy duty truck wasn't worth fixing.

You could probably sell the axles to someone and fund a set of super duty axles fairly easy. Then you'd be all set. PLUS that 6.4 would be incredible. Contact Todd at JSS to see about using that trans.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #6 of 7 Old 07-10-2015, 09:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon26 View Post
The reason i ask is i saw a 3500 with a hemi, single cab dually go for 6.5k at an auction not too long ago.

If you see a 2014+ Powerwagon go for anywhere near 6.5K with all the damage centralized to the cab only i.e. powertrain and frame are solid, let me know. I will buy it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-11-2015, 07:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

id imagine it would be heavy roof/cab damage, a '14 with frame damage would get a new frame, unless it was a combo of both. and i agree, the jk body on the 3500 would be cool

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode