35s or 37s? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-07-2015, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

35s or 37s?

i have an 08 jku im getting ready to put on a rock krawler stock mod 2.5 lift. right now it sits on 32s on stock rims. i have put on smittybult xrc armor fenders so it will fit 35s with out the lift. im starting to think its gonna look funny with 35s on it after the lift. it has alot of wheel well with no lift. it still has stock 3.21 gears that i will update later. but i just have to get tires on this it looks terrible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-07-2015, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG] how she sits right now
post #3 of 11 Old 07-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Rock God

Really depends on what your going to use it for. If you drive it only on the street then 37's may be ok with your front axle but will be a dog until you regear. 35's is the safe bet and I really don't think that it would look that bad. Look at the scrapbook section for pics of a similar setup.

"Government is not the solution, it is the problem."
"We are never defeated unless we give up on GOD."
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Ronald Reagan
Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you respond.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-08-2015, 04:49 AM
Granite Guru

Those fenders with that lift will make those tires look small no question. Just remember there is quite the added cost of running larger tires
post #5 of 11 Old 07-08-2015, 05:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

auto or manual? 3.21's is going to bring the suck with either but a lot more with an auto and 37's. I would put 5.13 gears and truss/C-gussets on your short list with either setup with an auto. If you leave that D30 open you will be just fine for a long time.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PhrogMech46; 07-08-2015 at 05:03 AM.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-08-2015, 06:04 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Priorities.... figuring them out now will make the Jeep experience a much longer and much more pleasurable one.

You could get away with the 35's and save yourself ALOT of other money and issues that need to be addressed.

Even with the 35's a re gear will or should be a priority. I could not stand my stock 4:10's on 35's

I mentioned the priorities thing because some people opt for looks and not functionality, such as those fenders and 50" led light bar mounts before tires or gears. Usually its the first time Jeep owners or the younger ones.

I have been there, but built the last one on a complete function basis and I could not be happier with its performance !

and aside from maybe having Charlize Theron sit on those fenders spread eagle...nothing is going to help them look better !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #7 of 11 Old 07-08-2015, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

It's a manual. The fenders I got for next to nothing. I only paid a Lil over 3 for them. I plan of gearing and the gussets. The gussets I may do when I do the lift. This jeep will only be for playing in the woods and some mud. I have a 99 tj with a 350 that's gonna get beat on harder then this one. This is my everyday driver to work. I only live 15 miles from work though. So would I be safe with the 37s as long as I'm not rock crawling?
post #8 of 11 Old 07-08-2015, 08:08 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfeyent View Post
I plan of gearing and the gussets. The gussets I may do when I do the lift. This jeep will only be for playing in the woods and some mud. I have a 99 tj with a 350 that's gonna get beat on harder then this one. This is my everyday driver to work. I only live 15 miles from work though. So would I be safe with the 37s as long as I'm not rock crawling?

If you do decide on the 37's don't wait on the C Gussets. Do them as soon as possible.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Rock God

agreed on the gussets, I went with the Artec Trail Armour - http://www.artecindustries.com/JK-Fr...KIT_p_309.html

IMHO 35's look like training wheels

Todd
2007 Unlimited
40 Toyo Open Countrys on Workz Rims
OrFab Rear Bumper, Smittybilt Front
Cree Light Bar
7.5 Long Arm Lift
Synergy Front Suspension
Artec Front JK Armor
5:13's
Tom Woods Drive Shafts
Hi-Lift & Much More
&
2000 TJ
6" lift
37 TOYO MT's on Worx Rims
$hitty Built bumpers
Air Raid
Bushwhacker Flairs & Trail Armour
Corbeau Baja RS seats
post #10 of 11 Old 07-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Wheeler

37 all day. Makes a big difference off road.
I would gusset the front and truss if you can I bent a 44 tube on 35s with not much effort.
post #11 of 11 Old 07-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Rock God

Those fenders look pretty hideous with 32" tires. I suspect they will look just as hideous with a lift and 35" tires. You will see when you get the lift that you are going to want at least 37" tires, maybe even 38" tires. Those big fenders need really big tires or they just don't look right. You can swap out your Dana 30 later.

2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon; 35s - no lift, Warn 9.5 XP-S, ARB Twin Air, SPOD
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (wife's Jeep)
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Megacab 4x4; 6.7 CTD, Aisen, AEV Prospector conversion; 37s, 4.10s, Warn 16.5K

Last edited by MOPWR2U; 07-09-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode