Ripp Supercharger Extension Removal - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-06-2015, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Ripp Supercharger Extension Removal

Hey guys!
I have a Gen1 (upgraded to Gen2) supercharger on my 2007 JK. I have a rattle that just started in the supercharger so I was going to send it back to Vortech for a rebuild. When I called to get an RMA, the tech said that I would have to remove the extension that RIPP puts on the supercharger before sending it back. When I asked why, he stated that they keep breaking their tools trying to get it off.

For the life of me, I can't get the stinking thing off. I emailed RIPP yesterday with no response, however they may just be behind in their emails from the holiday. Has anyone ever removed one of these? If so, how?

Here is what I have done so far.
I removed the pulley
I removed the plastic plug from the shaft and removed the two shaft set screws.
I removed the retaining ring and spacer behind the pulley.
I removed the 4 allen bolts holding it to the supercharger body.
I sprayed it down inside with penetrating fluid.

This thing will not budge. Oddly enough, the shaft housing won't even spin now that the four bolts are removed. However if I pry against the housing body, it gives and creates about a 1/16" gap between it and the body. So this suggests to me that there are some form of locking lugs that mate up to the supercharger housing to prevent the spinning.

Help???

Thanks
Rescu2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-06-2015, 07:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Call RIPP tomorrow. Don't wait on an email response.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-07-2015, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'd love to. Unfortunately, my job keeps me running all day. I got 10 minutes to take lunch today out of a 14 hour day... I'll try again tomorrow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to RIPPMODS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescu2000 View Post
Hey guys!
I have a Gen1 (upgraded to Gen2) supercharger on my 2007 JK. I have a rattle that just started in the supercharger so I was going to send it back to Vortech for a rebuild. When I called to get an RMA, the tech said that I would have to remove the extension that RIPP puts on the supercharger before sending it back. When I asked why, he stated that they keep breaking their tools trying to get it off.

For the life of me, I can't get the stinking thing off. I emailed RIPP yesterday with no response, however they may just be behind in their emails from the holiday. Has anyone ever removed one of these? If so, how?

Here is what I have done so far.
I removed the pulley
I removed the plastic plug from the shaft and removed the two shaft set screws.
I removed the retaining ring and spacer behind the pulley.
I removed the 4 allen bolts holding it to the supercharger body.
I sprayed it down inside with penetrating fluid.

This thing will not budge. Oddly enough, the shaft housing won't even spin now that the four bolts are removed. However if I pry against the housing body, it gives and creates about a 1/16" gap between it and the body. So this suggests to me that there are some form of locking lugs that mate up to the supercharger housing to prevent the spinning.

Help???

Thanks
Rescu2000
Did you call Vortech or RIPP for an RMA? If you called Vortech, they're going to want the blower broke down completely. We have the jig in house to break these down properly before we send them out. In addition we will inspect the blower and if its anything that we can fix without sending it out we will.

Give me a call in the morning and I'll get you on the right track!

Chris R
RIPP SUPERCHARGERS
post #5 of 7 Old 07-08-2015, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I called vortech. I will try to get some time tomorrow to call Ripp. it's just a bearing that needs to be replaced.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-10-2015, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Called RIPP.

All I can say is it is great to still know that there are professional companies out there like this. They are having me ship it back to them, then they will remove the shaft and send it back to Vortech for the rebuild. All of this at no additional charge unless I need shaft parts replaced.

You don't see customer service like that any more. I'm a RIPP customer for life.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-14-2015, 07:44 AM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to RIPPMODS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescu2000 View Post
Called RIPP.

All I can say is it is great to still know that there are professional companies out there like this. They are having me ship it back to them, then they will remove the shaft and send it back to Vortech for the rebuild. All of this at no additional charge unless I need shaft parts replaced.

You don't see customer service like that any more. I'm a RIPP customer for life.
Anytime, we're glad we could help. Once we receive the blower we'll give you our assessment on the unit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode