ARB Twin w/M.O.R.E underhood mount - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-01-2015, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

ARB Twin w/M.O.R.E underhood mount

I am looking for some help from anyone who has mounted an ARB Twin compressor under their hood using the Mountain Offroad underhood mount.

The unit fits very tightly and there is very little room between the top of the compressor and your hood. Basically, you have to leave the compressor with a 90 degree bend and then go to some sort of remote manifold or quick coupler to create an air hose mount.

I don't use air lockers on my Rubicon and at this time will only be using the compressor for airing up my 35's. In the future I may add a tank, but for now just need to figure out the best way to add a air connect point.

Anybody that has done this install and has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate any advice or pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Wheeler

its a tight fit but a very easy install. did it like 2 months ago. The supplied fitting did not work for what i needed it to and i had to go and make my own stuff for the 90. very easy and straightforward though. Used the Viair 2 gallon front mount tank as a reservoir and have everything running off that. Getting my 2 air lockers and gears installed in the middle of this month and will be better able to test it out. Have a reg coming off the tank and just out by the winch though i am not happy with the set up. still figuring out how i want to set it up. There is still plenty of room under the 90 bend and the 2 gallon take is not that much and works as a distribution block.
Attached Images

post #3 of 7 Old 07-02-2015, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback and pictures Jonesy. Since, I don't have a tank yet and will probably add one later via the River Raider skidplate/evap solution. I just fabricated a small bracket out of 1.5" aluminum angle and used one of the factory bolts. It worked well.

I haven't seen much info out there yet on this compressor, so here are the parts I used.

1 - Male 1/4 x Male JIC6 90 degree elbow (at compressor head)
1 - Female JIC6 to Female JIC6 12" steal braided PTFE high heat hose
1 - Male JIC6 to female 1/4 NPT adapter
1 - ARB coupler

I am using the ARB tire inflation kit and ARB tire inflator with gauge. It aired my 35" BFG from 10 - 37 in just over a minute.

I will say that the compressor is very hot to the touch before even being used due to being mounted in the engine compartment. But, I live in TX so it is 95 plus here right now. She will be much happier while wheeling in CO.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-02-2015, 11:23 PM
Wheeler

I like the access right there. Maybe ill put a t on my and do that. I got the tank because i found a smoking deal on an arb for the rear. basically got it for free with a little work and am buy a zip locker for the front with my regear this month.
didn't really want to put just did it cause i did not want to do it twice.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-03-2015, 06:55 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

if your running a remote line make it so you don't even have to open the hood. I have mine right in my bumper. Mine is set up with a disconnect so that I can also use it right at the compressor with the remote disconnected.

Couple more feet of hose and its nice not opening the hood sometimes.

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #6 of 7 Old 07-03-2015, 10:00 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
if your running a remote line make it so you don't even have to open the hood. I have mine right in my bumper. Mine is set up with a disconnect so that I can also use it right at the compressor with the remote disconnected.

Couple more feet of hose and its nice not opening the hood sometimes.
Where did you mount yours? I'm planning to do a similar setup so I don't have to open the hood.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-04-2015, 06:13 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Ill have to see if I have some pics...

I originally had a PS Rock Brawler and had it mounted on the bracing portion of the bar.

I then switched to a bare bones PS BFH, and id not want to reconfigure the hose, so i just mounted it on the top side of the bumper and threw a cap on it.

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode