2012 Jeep Rubicon - Dana 44 Gear Installation Manual? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-22-2015, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

2012 Jeep Rubicon - Dana 44 Gear Installation Manual?

I'm going from 35's to 37' on my 2012 Jeep Rubicon 4 door. I'm expecting the Dynatrac 44 front axle to come in this week and will be reusing the stock Rubicon lockers with the RCV shafts I already have. I'm looking for 'definitive' instructions for 2012 Rubicon Dana 44 the includes torque and clearance specifications, as well as pictures (like a Chilton, Haynes, or Clymer's manual - none of which seem to exist for 2012+ models). I know about the plunger/lock sensor (found that thread) but I can't seem to find a current definitive a-z manual on changing out and setting up gears on front on rear for Jeep JK Rubicon Dana 44. If anyone can point me in right direction, I would be very grateful. All the Best! Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-22-2015, 11:19 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattack View Post
I'm going from 35's to 37' on my 2012 Jeep Rubicon 4 door. I'm expecting the Dynatrac 44 front axle to come in this week and will be reusing the stock Rubicon lockers with the RCV shafts I already have. I'm looking for 'definitive' instructions for 2012 Rubicon Dana 44 the includes torque and clearance specifications, as well as pictures (like a Chilton, Haynes, or Clymer's manual - none of which seem to exist for 2012+ models). I know about the plunger/lock sensor (found that thread) but I can't seem to find a current definitive a-z manual on changing out and setting up gears on front on rear for Jeep JK Rubicon Dana 44. If anyone can point me in right direction, I would be very grateful. All the Best! Scott
If you have the proper tools this is a great guide

FYI its about as much fun as getting wisdom teeth removed

https://www.yukongear.com/Downloads/...structions.pdf

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...orque-settings

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #3 of 4 Old 06-22-2015, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reference to manual. Pretty much what I was looking for in regards to How To. I didn't see the Dana 44 Rubicon in the Yukon manual, I'm guessing the specs would be different then an open Dana 44.

Wish I could say I was looking forward to this job, but I am not. Like most of us here, I have to keep pushing myself into new projects I haven't done before to keep my mind and body working correctly. I do have most tools already from prior projects. Never bought a tool I regretted owning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-22-2015, 12:57 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattack View Post
Thanks for the reference to manual. Pretty much what I was looking for in regards to How To. I didn't see the Dana 44 Rubicon in the Yukon manual, I'm guessing the specs would be different then an open Dana 44.

Wish I could say I was looking forward to this job, but I am not. Like most of us here, I have to keep pushing myself into new projects I haven't done before to keep my mind and body working correctly. I do have most tools already from prior projects. Never bought a tool I regretted owning.
The specs were on the lower link

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode